“NOT SO CHEAP”

Passport Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Galloway
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We book by internet and it seems cheap but when we check in first we are three people one a bby but we change for an adult and we have to pay extra also the prize was different so we have to pay the difference cause nobody told us this prize was because we have a card for frecuent travelers. Breakfast only gave a coupon to go to Dennis for a discount so no brekfast at all.
Also no room service we request extra towels and we are still waiting so cheap but no recommend to anybody.
The person at night not so friendly and in the morning dont have any idea about the hotel

Room Tip: I dont hve idea all the rooms the same smell smoking there
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I knew what I was getting myself into when I booked here. We walked in, the lamp was broken and bent over. I opted for a "suite"...

LOL

What a joke that was. It was "sweet" that nobody kicked the door in and killed us. Not quite sure what the difference between our terrible room which was dubbed a "suite" and a regular room would have been...

Fortunately we were drunk as hell when we arrived so our goal was simply to sleep there. That was it. I didn't wake up itchy, so that's a plus. Maybe that's what the "suite" part was.

The lady at the desk was friendly, but yeah, like all the Absecon/Galloway motels right there - it was nasty. Again, though, I knew what I was in for when I booked it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nick P
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Booked one of there rooms via travelocity, when I arrived to the place manager asks me for incentive card that got me the special rate. I immediately recalled reading a review on tripadvisor about this place and its shady rate with online bookings. I tell the manager I don't know what he is referring to, all I did was search travelocity, and booked the room. Never saw any sort of message asking me for an incentive card number to input (thats the way promo codes and incentive cards always work, think AAA or Promo Cads).

There is where the scam lies. You do your search, they come up as the lowest price by a few dollars and then when you get there, they pull this move on you. This is not the first time this has happened with this place. They actually have a sign on the counter telling you, if you don't have the incentive card you don't get the incentive rate. Meanwhile back on travelocity, no mention of any sort incentive card. If it wasn't for us having my laptop and internet connection, I would have had no choice but to go along with there scam. What else can you do at 11pm after driving for a few hours??

So the sign reads on to say there it is an additional $25 a night with no card (20.99+25.00). Meanwhile, we arrived on a Wednesday, all nearby motels were between 25-35 a night. He was going to charge me $45+tx for Wed & Thurs each. Friday & Saturday almost made my eyes fly out of there socket, $150 bucks a night. This guy must have thought I was a tourist. For $150 a night, I would have stayed at any of the hotels at the casinos and not this sham place. The lobby smelled like food, when I stepped outside you could literally smell the food on my clothing. This is obviously a VERY UNPROFESSIONAL shoddy family run place.

Then I proceed to call travelocity. I had to wait outside because the manager and his family were all spilling into the lobby and I couldn't take the smell anymore. So I call travelocity and they call the motel only to find that within the 5 minutes I had made the call, the manager LEFT. Thats right folks, my license and credit card still inside with him, he TAKES OFF. So I go back inside and the lady behind the counter has no understanding of whats going on. She gives me his cell to give to the agent I am on the phone with, lets just say after about 1hr and 15 min of trying to connect to his cell he decided to come back. By now I am obviously irate. Not only does this guy try to pull one over on me, but then he leaves while I am on the phone trying to get things sorted.

My advice, stay away from this shoddy place. If the lobby alone is any indication of how poorly and unprofessionally things are run, I can only imagine how clean the rest of the place is. In all my years of traveling, I have never been so disrespected and insulted.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJD20111
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I booked a night and had to cancel due to a car accident and received a $0 balance from the booking agent, but, the Passport Inn listed 2 different charges against my VISA and it took a month to rectify their mistake. When I tried to talk to the manager about this to understand how this happened, he threatened to hang up on me, which he did!

Thank God the booking agent Booking.com advocated for me and added more pressure to have the Inn reimburse me.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna D
Reviewed 22 September 2011

First of all I would just like to say, it takes a lot for me to give a property this bad of a review. My other contributions on this site can attest to that. My boyfriend and I decided to stay at this motel kind of last minute, for a Friday night getaway to Atlantic City. We couldn't afford to stay at one of the casinos so I did some online searching a few days before and came across a deal for this motel on Travelocity.

Well, for starters, we arrived around 6pm (I believe it said check in was anytime after 4pm) and there was a sign on the door that they would be back in 10 minutes. We waited in the car for about 30 minutes before someone came. By this time, there were several people waiting to check in, so it took awhile. Then the man at the desk tells me that he can't honor the price I got on Travelocity because some sort of "incentive card" is needed. I told him I spoke to Travelocity on the phone just the day before and they ASSURED me that no special card was needed in order to get this rate. Well, he insisted and said they were going to charge my credit card an additional $20 and I needed to try to get refunded from Travelocity. So we checked in and made our way to our room on the second floor. The only good thing I can say about the room is that it was spacious. Everything else was horrible. There was a tacky black leather sofa that I didn't even want to sit my suitcase on, let alone my body. We had a king size bed and I think there was a table & chairs in there too. The bathroom was old & barely clean. The faucet was nearly falling off and everytime we flushed the toilet, the sink made weird noises.

It was really warm in there so while we waited to see if the air conditioner worked, we opened the windows that faced right out onto route 30. As soon as we did, we noticed cops pulling someone over in the motel parking lot right across the street. We were actually kind of intrigued and delayed getting ready to go to the casinos so we could watch the action unfolding. We watched 3 men get strip searched, items removed from their car, and 6 police cars were involved. Great neighborhood I guess?!

So, we spent the rest of the night in AC and then came back to the room after midnight. Somehow we did manage to sleep and then I couldn't wait to check out first thing in the morning.

My advice is... check all the travel sites for deals for some of the other hotels on Rt. 30 in Absecon / Galloway. There are a ton of other places to stay, all about a 15-20 minute ride into Atlantic City. This property had rude staff, dirty/uncomfortable/ rooms, and they don't honor prices quoted through other sites. By the way, I heard them giving the same story to the person checking in after me... charging them an additional $20/night as well. I will never stay here again & I am currently disputing the charges with this hotel & Travelocity.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel along route 30, trust me. Or if you can afford it, stay at any of the casi...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KristenJovi
Reviewed 4 September 2011

we stayed here because it said it was close to AC, well it's not, it's like a 25 min ride. they only give you 1 towel the whole stay and they don't change the linens while you're there. Old hard beds are not what i expected. They also tried to argue with me for a more expensive rate then i was quoted, good thing i had my print out. there are a bunch of hotels right on the same block, stay at one of them, i am next time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelbug317
Reviewed 28 August 2011

TAKE MY ADVICE AND NEVER BOOK A ROOM AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We booked it through priceline.com and got this hotel from a bid. We are supposed to be there right now, but because there is a major hurricane (IRENE) that went through and EVERYBODY was to evacuate the coast; we NEVER got to go for our 1 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!

We called the hotel NUMEROUS times leading up to this and everybody in the US was WELL AWARE of what was happening and they kept ignoring our calls and said it was out of their hands and would NOT issue a refund or even a different weekend; even after we explained to them that it was our 1st year anniversary!!!! *** Plus I read the reviews... it's a crappy place to stay!!!!!! ***

PLEASE.. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM AT THIS HOTEL.... Spend the extra money and get a nice, clean hotel and management that actually care!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KLUM23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
1.2 km away
4.7 km away
Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
1 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Been to Passport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!