“Good Food, Needs Ambiance”

Shea's Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Galloway
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Visit the area and almost everyone will recommend Shea's for breakfast. It's understandable. The menu is large and diverse. The food is very good. I had an omelette with pepper jack cheese with toast and potatoes. My wife had 3 eggs over easy. The portions were large and food very tasty.
The restaurant itself is very sterile looking. There is no ambiance. Bland tables and chairs, bared walls, etc. The owner seems very nice and engaging.
We would return.

1  Thank David_Ba928

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We went there for a late breakfast. The place was packed but we only had to wait about 20 minutes to get out table. Drink orders were taken right away. A short time later we ordered our food. At the 30 minute mark I called the hostess over and questioned were our food was. Luckily it came out in a few more minutes. What they need is more cooks and maybe a bigger kitchen.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

Shea's cafe is located at the end of a strip of stores next to a park and doesn't look like much but the food WOW! They serve only breakfast and lunch. They have recently moved to a larger facility but often you still need to wait. You can call ahead for a table.

The pancakes, French toast and waffles are amazing and huge!! Fresh fruit and whipped cream it is a dream!! You simply must go and if you can finish your plate I'd be surprise.

3  Thank Michele O
Reviewed July 23, 2017

My husband and I stopped in for brunch during the week. There was no line - and it was our first visit to the new location which is spacious and,clean. My husband enjoyed his eggs benedict and I loved the scrambled eggs. Only complaints is the bagels were nothing special. They can definitely improve their bagel brand.

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

I will never return here, and won't recommend it to anyone. After being told that it would be "no longer than a 45 minute wait" for our party of 9 we were not seated until 2 HOURS later. After an hour and a half (twice our original wait time) the hostess said she had to wait for the big table to open up and when I suggested that they could have put 3 tables together in the meantime she said the tables were too small to do that. Meanwhile once we were seated at the "big" table it was actually 3 small tables put together. (They also proceeded to put 3 small tables together for another large party after we were seated.) We said that had we known it would have been longer than an hour we would have gone somewhere else (no hard feelings, it's understandable that there can be long waits), but periodically as we kept asking how much longer we were consistently told it would only be a few more minutes. This went on for nearly an hour. Unacceptable. My father-in-law had even tried calling ahead before we got there but no one was answering their phones after numerous attempts. Once the party at the big table finally left it took the wait staff 15 minutes to clear and set the table to be ready for us. At this point we were standing at the hostess station and I could see the list of names and there were 20-25 parties after our name that had been crossed off and seated before us. Once we finally sat and received our food I was not impressed. It did not live up to the hype considering that as everyone was leaving (people that had put their names in after us, waited with us, were seated before us, and left before we were even seated, mind you) they insisted it was worth it. It's not awful (hence the 2 rating instead of 1- I can give credit where credit is due) but it's probably amazing for people who would normally eat at Applebee's and Olive Garden. It's nothing particularly exceptional and in fact is similar to a lot of other restaurants I've eaten at that have much better service. Regardless of how good the food could have been, it was not worth the long wait, poor service, and being led on for an hour when I know I can get similar or better food other places. The atmosphere also left a lot to be desired. The whole restaurant felt like a conference room.