“Great Mexican food”

Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Metro bus line picks up from the Southern Avenue rail station, Indian Head Hwy & Southern Ave(DC line),Oxon Hill Park & Ride Lot and St. George Blvd. & Waterfront St. (National Harbor)
Description: In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened on the upper east side of New York City. Playing a leading role in defining what was then a "new" cuisine to American diners, Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita, as well as the stylish and festive ambiance that includes an illuminated water wall.
Reviewed November 7, 2018

Fresh guacamole made at your table! I had the pork shank, the best that I have ever had. Right on the Potomac River.

Date of visit: January 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed October 28, 2018

I love this place! The food is awesome, the staff is awesome and the view of the harbor is awesome! We sat by the window and watched the people walking around and looking out over the harbor. Very relaxing atmosphere.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

We had a late dinner here while on fall break with our family. We wanted lighter fare since it was so late. We have a family with allergy concerns and dietary constraints—one being tomatoes! So, we had the guac with no tomatoes and special ordered our daughter’s food without tomatoes—the kitchen/waiter complied, which was very reassuring. We have vegetarians in the group, and we were able to find options as well. I definitely recommend this place if you like Mexican, but also if you have a group with various dietary needs.

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch while I was at the convention center for a conference. The wait staff were attentive, helpful and kind. The food was very good - I had the trio enchiladas which was a nice way to try3 styles. The chips & salsa were simple & yummy. They make guacamole fresh table side bit looked good but I didn’t try it. The service was quick and I squeezed in lunch in plenty of time to get back for the next session.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Rosa Mexicano might be a chain Mexican restaurant, but do not let that deter you from trying this gem of a restaurant! The appetizers, entrees, and oh yes, the best darn Margaritas I think i might have ever tasted, are right here with a view of the harbor! Relax and enjoy this great find!