All reviewsoutdoor poolwater slidesactivity directorhot tubstory buildingkids lovea huge hitfull kitchengreat place for familiesbasketball courtcorn holehigh risebit datedyear after yearfamily vacationeasy access to the beachstaff was very friendly
Reviewed July 22, 2012

While in Daytona for many Bike events we repeatedly stay at "SUN VIKING LODGE", the main reason, is because of the location of this marvelous Hotel and its pristine beach and accomodations. Now don't get me wrong this is no 5 star resort, but it is however very nice and clean for the money. It's best if you call ahead and reserve the beach view rooms, prefferably top floors for noise reduction. The reason I say this is a great place to stay with children, is the POOLS, they have a wonder pool with a huge slide outside, and they also have a very nice indoor pool incase the weather turns a little ruff. They also have rooms you walk right out to the pool on the first floor, oh ya the best part they have a "HOT TUB< small but fun none the less.
Daytona Beach Pier is a short walk north from the hotel , or you can drive it, the wife and I preffer to drive as walking is a little ruff for me. The property fronts beautiful sun drenched "DAYTONA BEACH". You can get food right there at the hotel at their Tiki bar and grill, otherwise there is many resturants all with in walking distance. As I said before we go there every year for "Bike Week" and "Biketoberfest", for those events we make reservations well in advance, as they pack up quick, during those events the staff provide , clean roped off parking for the bikes which is "Security" watched by the way, "BIG PLUS" and the hotel also provides "Wipe Down Rags" and collections buckets which is very, very thoughful, they go completely out of their way there to make us all feel very welcomed and this is why this gets our top vote for the best place to stay in Daytona for the money. $$$< Moderately Priced, extended satys welcomed

Room Tip: Beach fronts are the best if you love the sunrises, top floors recommended but not required as the pool front walk out rooms are pretty cool too.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Philip D
BarbaraBrown-1, Owner at Sun Viking Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

How nice to read such kind comments from this biker family; bikers are some of the nicest people you’d want to meet!

Each year during Bike Week in March and then again in October during Biketoberfest, Daytona Beach welcomes thousands of bikers from all over the U.S. and also many countries throughout the world. We all look forward to seeing the sights and sounds of these very popular events.

During these Bike weeks, many of our bikers come with their families; it was nice to read that this family enjoyed their stay with us during this special event.

We hope to welcome them back for this upcoming Biketoberfest event in October and we sincerely appreciate the time this guest took to send in this very nice review. Thank You!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Having recently moved to Florida, my wife and I thought it would be fun to visit Daytona Beach and discovered Sun Viking Lodge had great reviews. We booked a room that was a "garden pool" view for 2 nights. We thought this meant our view would be looking out over a pool with garden plants around it. We were wrong. Our room opened directly out to the non-slip surface that surrounds most pools. We actually had to enter the indoor pool area to access the door to our room. A noisy pool area with small children is far from the R & R we were seeking. This would be great for a family with children, it would be easy to keep an eye on them. The room's window looked directly out to the pool. We, not wanting that, were actually disappointed enough we were willing to accept our losses and just drive back home.

The staff, understanding our predicament offered us an upgrade to an ocean view room on the top floor. We had to pay extra for the upgrade. We expressed our desires to leave, so the staff completely refunded the second nights stay at like 9 or 10pm the night before. We didn't even ask for the refund! I was thoroughly impressed. They refunded a room leaving themselves less then a day to resell that space.

Room Tip: Inquire about the specific view from the room. Some of the "garden pool" rooms look out to a pool, and others to a garden.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Captainjack0000
BarbaraBrown-1, Owner at Sun Viking Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

I would like to thank this guest for their remarks and review. We certainly understand that being near our indoor garden pool can be a bit noisy at times, especially when kids are having a splashing good time. As mentioned, we do have a number of other locations but perhaps at the time, choices were limited, due to rooms rented by other guests.

As a suggestion, there are many times of the year when kids are in school when we have only seniors and couples staying with us. Generally, after Labor Day through May is good with Sundays through Thursdays being your best choice in avoiding kids. Also room locations can be selected to avoid busier areas.

I sincerely apologize to this guest for their inconvenience and I would like to thank them for taking the time to send in this review. We'll always extend an open hand and a great big welcome should they decide to give us another try. God Bless!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is the hotel I stay at when I vacation at Daytona beach it has a slide for the kids a tiling bar for lunch and is just the right distance from the action at the boardwalk.defisntlybcheck this hotel out if you plan on going to Daytona beach

• Stayed: August 2011

We are happy to read that this family had a good time while in Daytona Beach and during their repeat stay with us here at the Sun Viking Lodge. Our location, as mentioned, is about 2 miles south of the Boardwalk, Movie Theaters and Water Park; so we are in a less crowded area and a more quiet section of the beach.

Our Kafe, open seasonally, serves casual poolside walk-up service for breakfast & lunch. This picnic style outdoor dining overlooks the ocean and indoor garden pool. Parents can even eat as they watch their kids on the nearby playground.

Thank you for sending in your comments and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

the hotel is the best for kids and parents my kids loved the pool and the slide more then the beach. my husband and i loved sitting on the balony and watching the waves at night the room was very good full kitchen . i loved our stay loved everything about it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

It is always nice to read that both parents and kids loved their stay with us. Our popular waterslide is a big hit along with our free guest activity program. I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to send in such a favorable review.

Many of our guests comment on how beautiful our beach is and how relaxing it is to sit out and watch the ocean at night or an early morning sunrise over the ocean.

Thank you again for your kind remarks.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at SV back in 2010 but it took me this long to get back. This time, it was me (the mom) and 4 teenagers! And boy did we have a blast. Kids agenda every day: pool, indoor pool, beach, hot tub, basketball court, repeat 100 times a day! It was so nice for me to just be able to kick back with a book and let the kids roam. And they found about 5 other kids to hang with as well. I have now promised my two and the two neighbor kids I brought that this will be a tradition. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

What a nice compliment to read this guest plans a return visit based on their recent stay with us. Family fun is what it’s all about. Relaxing at the beach is so easy especially when the kids are also having fun . . . puts everyone in a good mood!

Many of our guests meet other guests while they are here on vacation and actually end up coming back each year at the same time and reconnect; resulting in life-long friendships!

Thank you for taking the time to send in such a nice review. We certainly look forward to welcoming this family back to the Sun Viking Lodge . . . a place where you are always welcome!