All reviews one night munich airport trendy hotel pool table ping pong the bus food options self serve usb ports ironing room lounge area fun hotel board games marriott property thanks guys rooms are small hotel rooms are
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Room was clean and very nice, but small. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet. Good hotel for the price for a one night stay before going to the airport. Workers were very nice. On the downside, the hotel seems to try too hard to appeal to the hipster crowd and heads up, parking is not free-cost at least $20 a night depending on the exchange rate.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I stayed at this property for one night because I had to leave for Munich Airport early the next morning. My nightly rate was 132,00 EUR or $163.17 USD. An outrageous price for this brand of hotel.

This review will be one of stark contrasts. I gave a two-star rating because of the great staff working the front desk (which is also the bar that is open 24 hours). Gabriel and Aschot were two awesome guys. They were very friendly, helpful, and responsive. The entire front desk staff that night were all young guys. They did a good job. Gabriel had a very difficult customer come down on three occasions while we were there. She was complaining about everything. He handled this difficult customer with a smile and professionalism.

Rooms -

Rooms are TINY. Bathroom is the smallest I have ever seen. I have stayed in many hotels in large urban cities throughout the world, but this bathroom was the smallest, by far. However, the shower water pressure was the most powerful I have ever experienced. So, pro's and con's here.

No in-room phone, in-room trash can (other than the TINY one in the bathroom), or in-room refrigerator. Minimalistic, they say!

The air conditioner in our original room did not work properly (room 330). It was getting very hot and stuffy in there no matter what we tried to do. Gabriel came to the rescue though. He happily moved us to room 323 at about 12:30 AM. This room was better, in terms of a working air conditioner, but then it kind of just stops working and becomes warm again. It is very strange.

In-room wifi was included in the nightly room rate and was very fast.

Bus is free from the airport to the hotel and 7,00 EUR from the hotel to the airport. It is nonrefundable (although it does not say this on the ticket) and you must book in advance. My friend was leaving at a different time than me and he was not able to take the bus because it was all booked by the time he went downstairs to book it. Parking is 18,00 EUR or you can find free street parking about a block away. Any hotel with airport in their name should have a free shuttle service to the airport.

The lobby has pool tables and board games with many areas to engage with others. The food available is in a grab-and-go area. Think 7-Eleven type quality of items and choices.

I thought this brand would be comparable to the Aloft brand since they are both in the Distinctive Select category. I have stayed at a few Alofts in the United States and I loved them. Being that I have stayed at Aloft and am familiar with this type of hotel chain, I felt my expectations were in line. But, with this brand not so much. I really think Marriott needs to come in and complete a deep review of this brand. It misses the mark in many areas.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
MOXYMunich, Crew Leader at MOXY Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Hi there. After reading your review we would firstly like to thank you for your frank, honest and detailed feedback. We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and let others know what they might be able to expect at the hotel. I would also personally like to say thank you for your lovely comments about Gabby and Aschot, and would like you to know that your feedback will be shared with the entire team.

Regarding the price, I assure you that we are always one of the most affordable hotels in the area, our average price throughout the year is roughly 70-80 euro. As is the case with all the hotels however, our prices do fluctuate based on demand and as we are currently in Oktoberfest time, prices in Munich can rise up to 300 - 400%. As an example, a dormitory bed in a downtown hostel would cost you over 100 euro per night during Oktoberfest peak time... all while sharing a room with 11 other people. Please do not think that we are trying to make excuses, we are just letting you know why we focus on minimalism, why our rooms may be smaller than other hotels and why any extras such as shuttle or parking, do incur extra costs (this however does not include all our games in the lobby, pool, cards, mega uno, mega jenga and shuffleboard are all free for our guests). We do this to keep our basic room cost as low as possible.

Our air conditioning system has indeed struggled to keep up with changes in weather lately. Going from 20C to 4C in a matter of days has led to several AC pumps being overworked to failure and while they have been replaced, the strain on the overall system remains an issue at times. I can assure you that this is an issue we are looking into improving as we understand the effect it can have on our guests overall experience. We are happy to hear though that Gabby was able to help you out and get you another room that was better for you.

We hope that the next time you are in the are or have the chance to try MOXY again, the experience will surprise you for the better!

All the best,
Matt and the MOXY Munich crew

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Feels like you are in the middle of nowhere. Anyway - The room is clean but very small with not much going on. Also the food options are really weak. The dinner which was a chicken hot pot type thing was quite pricey for what it was. Plus there isn't any shops nearby to by anything else.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
MOXYMunich, Manager at MOXY Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Hello Mr. Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at the MOXY Munich Airport. As a brand new brand from Marriott, Moxy sets out to revolutionize the traditional economy hotel experience. Moxy offers a new way of traveling in which smaller is concentration, not reduction. In which affordability is not a sacrifice of style, nor a loss of comfort. When we say “less is more”, we accentuate more. Not less. More is also what our staff is so devoted to living. We try to give more service for our guests, more interaction, more atmosphere, more fun.
The hotel staff is yes very young and very international. We have over 10 nationalities and speak even more languages. On an airport location where 70 % of our guest are international we want to offer as well as much diversity. Our crew is very dedicated and devoted to providing excellent service. We will continue working on that as we strongly believe people make difference and bring soul to the hotel building itself.

And therefore, upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we thank you for the provided comment as we will use them wisely. We do hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Munich.

Andres Barros Cardoso
Crew Leader | MOXY Munich Airport

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Although I was excited to check out this newer Marriott brand, I was a bit disappointed in the end. As others have noted, the cramped rooms and lack of closet space seem stingy given its location in the middle of a spacious industrial park by the airport. A hip traveler vibe is in full force (think neon signs that read “wow” and “now,” inspirational lines scribbled on mirrors, campy decor, self-serve cold case food options). All meals are provided by an outside caterer; dinner on the night we stayed was a salty butter chicken and vegetable rice (which appeared to have chicken in it). The hotel is staffed by international youth; on the plus side, the bar at the front desk serves/mixes drinks 24 hours a day. There are also meeting rooms and a small fitness room for use. I’m just not sure this upscale youth hostel vibe is the right match for travelers in need of airport hotels (which I assume are more business people). Now that Marriott and SPG are one, I wonder if they’ll ditch this brand in favor of Aloft—which I find to be more consistent and broadly appealing.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vivien W
MOXYMunich, Manager at MOXY Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Hello Vivien,

Andres Barros Cardoso
Crew Leader
MOXY Munich Airport

Reviewed September 26, 2018

This hotel was very nice and had a really youthful contemporary look and feel. We only stayed one night because we were flying out the next morning but it was pretty close to the Munich Airport and they have a shuttle that could take us to the airport prior to our leaving. Dinner that night at the hotel was very good and pretty quick for a room service order. The check-in staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family