All reviews bacon on site breakfast was included buffet style common room lovely place great room dog owners home cooked breakfast minute walk next morning get away his wife wedding november lake tv
Reviewed February 8, 2018

Lovely rustic hotel. Rooms are very nice and the beds are comfortable. It could use a little updating, but I think this is part of the charm of the place. It is often used for weddings, but the great room is quite the thing. Was there for a cross stitching retreat with 19 other ladies and really enjoyed myself. The breakfast that was served each morning was outstanding. Yes you are not met with hotel staff upon check in, but keys and instructions are there and in each room should you require anything.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jordan J, Manager at Timber House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Thank you for your lovely review!
We have been doing many new updates this winter/spring!

We welcome you back anytime,

Reviewed January 4, 2018

I called and booked directly with the hotel (in November) as I wanted to ensure a quiet room, and help getting luggage in as I have disabilities that make lifting impossible. I was promised a quiet space and help. When I arrived, there was not a soul to be found in the entire place. A note left at the reception desk told me my room was on the 3rd floor (no elevators). I tried calling and texting the 'manager' but she did not respond to several attempts. I decided to get settle in a cleaned room on the main floor. Little did I know the only other guests in the place were in the room directly above me, and made a point of banging and dragging stuff (?) around during the wee small hours.
The kitchen on the second floor is nice, but there was not any supplies to speak of (cream for tea, or spoons)
When I tried to text with the other contact number, the owner (?) he was on vacation in Costa Rica, but was nice enough to reply. None of the technology worked (TV or wifi) so watching a movie was out of the question. The kitchen staff that made breakfast in the morning was nice and the food was okay. But it really was creepy not having anyone there or the desk manager not return my calls. I could have saved about $45.00 by booking online, and wish I had of, because it was definitely not worth the $140 / night. As well, it is a short jaunt from Brighton NORMALLY, but a bridge was out, which added about a half hour to the drive. That would have been nice to know ahead of time because I did not pick up dinner supplies, and did not want to drive a a long time in the dark on unfamiliar country roads. As a result, I ended up fasting. Not my idea of the relaxing evening I was hoping for, which as a mom, that is a rare treat. I would not recommend this place if you are travelling solo and outside the summer season. (A local I bumped into by the waters edge smirked when I said I was staying there. I mentioned the invisible staff and he commented on how the managers 'run it kinda differently'. As well, don't imagine you have a lovely view by the water which is hinted at in the web site - the lodge is surrounded by a trailer park. Nicely kept, but not my idea of woods and wilderness by any means.)

Room tip: rooms on third floor have slanted ceiling -
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

In response to this unfortunate review;
I do recall your reservation and the communication leading up to this.
We are more than happy to accommodate anyone who prefers a room on the ground floor and as long as we know you need to be on the ground floor this can easily be arranged.
As for the TV and wifi if you had troubles connecting to these or getting them to function we are always available and could have come over to take a look. Our Apple TVs in the rooms have plenty of movies and shows that you can watch as well!

As for the reception - we do state on all booking methods that we are not a 24 hour reception and do our best to communicate this to all of our guests. Depending on time of year and other factors we do many self check-ins. So when you arrive you are greeted with lots of information, keys and contact information for multiple staff.

Unfortunately yes there has been some bridge construction that creates a detour and this is something out of our control. We do mention this on our website but it is hard to know where everyone will source their directions from. Wellington and Trenton are each about 20-25 minutes away with the bridge out if you wanted to go into town. Pizza will deliver as will a couple other companies if you wanted. Unfortunately as we did not know you encountered this issue and we were not able to provide any resolutions.

We are sorry your stay wasn't everything you hoped it would be. In the future we would be happy to assist in any situation if we are made aware of it. We unfortunately cannot make any suggestions or solve any issues if we are not made aware of them at the time.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

we came here because of them being pet friendly. We found the resort very nice. It has a very laid back atmosphere. Everybody was very friendly. It says they are on the water,, which confused me at first,, being a google map guy I looked on the map to see a trailer park between them and the water. When we got there, we realized they also own the trailer park. When we walked to the water, a lot of the residences were out, and all were friendly wanting to see our dog as a lot of them are dog owners. Breakfast was a buffet style, but they bring out fresh and hot at around 8. Could be a little earlier for my preferance,, but it was very good for a buffet. All the girls that worked there were super nice, and helpful. As a tip, if you have a dog that doesnt like stairs, phone them ahead of time so you dont get on the 3rd floor,, I had to carry my greyhound up the stairs,, lol,, they dont do stairs well. All in all a great deal, and very relaxed, and the room was spotless.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your nice review!
If you come stay with us again let us know and we will put you on the ground floor so your pup doesn't have to do the stairs :)

Reviewed September 8, 2017

Had a nice stay in the resort which is beautiful, with clean bed, good outdoor pool, friendly staff and a large ground for walking. Liked the breakfast which was quite fulsome with coffee, tea, juice, eggs, bacon, etc. Surprising nice. Downtown not too far away. And close to beachfront.

Room tip: quiet floors, large hall/ meeting rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Listen, my wife and I needed a get away and we couldn't have found a better place. I almost didn't write this as i wanted to keep this place our little secret ;) But they deserve a good review as our time there was excellent. I'm selective about where I stay and I often go to Hiltons because they are clean and you know what you are getting. But I couldn't have been more surprised. This is a modern but cozy property that is only 19 years old. It's nestled in a beautiful spot right by the water (a three-minute walk away). It's close to Brighton, where there is a great Smoke House Pub (order the BBQ chicken) and a great used bookstore called Read and Green, i bought a copy of Misery by Stephen King. Okay when you arrive, there isn't anyone to greet you (if you have a problem with that - don't worry- as it's not required). They leave out a sheet of paper with your name on it and the key with all the details you will need for your stay. You sign in, go to your room and relax. It was clean. Dog friendly, if you have dogs and quiet. We went on Thursday but wow was it quiet. It has a large pool you can swim in, tea and coffee available all day, and a HOT, tasty breakfast the next morning (Bacon, amazing eggs and some kind of sticky bun and toast). It fills you up. The staff is attentive, at least the two we met in our time there. Very pleasant and well, the place is clean. I kid you not i don't think i saw anything that caused me alarm. These folks have gone above and aboard to create the feel of being inside a cottage with thick beams and cozy rooms. They provide you with free WI-FI, and Netflix is available on the TV so if you want to watch movies or TV there it is at the click of a switch. It's air conditioned, so you can set it for your room. Outside our room, down on the second floor is a common room with a big TV and a kitchen. Okay now to be fair, the only way these guys could UP their game would be to include a small fridge and microwave in each room for extended stay (however I believe there was a fridge and microwave in the main kitchen near the common room ). The other would be to get a stronger internet connection. It was very slow so if someone was there on business and needing fast WI-FI they might be out of luck. It was a perfect stay. I don't say that lightly. Weather was good. Breakfast was delicious and staff and visitors were friendly.

Room tip: If you are a family you will want the rooms on the ground floor that have a walkout to the pool.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple