See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 21, 2017

This hotel and conference venue basically ticked all the boxes. Everything sufficed but nothing stood out or was exceptional. Small basic conference rooms, small basic bedrooms, same on the breakfasts, lunches and dinners.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Deon S, General Manager at The Venue Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Good day Gareth and thank you for your review.

Although we are a 3 star hotel, we go out of our way to treat our guest with 5 star service.

We are continuously improving our facilities and we are sure you will notice this with your next visit.

All the best for the year ahead.

Regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2017

We arrived on a very wet Friday afternoon to be delayed with booking arrangements as the receptionists had messed up our booking details. Bad start.
After that being sorted out we were told our rooms were given to other people as it depended on a 'first-come-first-serve' basis..Why???

The room we were offered apparently did not have a working TV [much to our dismay] so we were relocated..

Upon arriving to our new room I was very much disappointed. The walls were dirty with various evident marks thereon and the corners of some of the walls were chipped. [Is this what I had paid for???]

The shower had no door, water on the floor all over and we only had 5 working TV Channels. [Talk about substandard service overall].

The food was over priced and it did little to enjoy it.
The TV in the entertainment area was not working so we could not have background music to add to the evening for ambiance and the 'bar' was not operating either.
Major letdown for us couples who just wanted to unwind in a common area.

Needless to say, I was all to happy to checkout on Sunday morning and return to the comforts of my own home.

I will not be returning thank you very much.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed in the 'new development block'. Apparently the rooms are better
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Good day Obakeng,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please furnish me with more details such as reservation name and date so I can investigate further.

By the sound of it, there were no more rooms available and reception had to make a plan to accommodate you in a room that was clearly not ready to be sold (hence the fact that it was available).

I apologise in advance for any discomfort you may have suffered during your stay with us.

Regards,

Deon

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Such a lovely relaxed afternoon spent in the gardens. Amazing finger food selection and very nice facilities for kids to enjoy the outdoors. Kind and friendly staff and naughty monkeys to add to the atmosphere. Short trip from Fourways.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Deon S, General Manager at The Venue Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Good day Nicole,

Thank you for the review.

Yes, we are blessed with beatiful views as well as naughty monkeys!
All part of makes us different and we embrace it.

We hope to see you back soon for a weekend breakaway.

Deon

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I vacationed in the North West in October and booked with The Venue Country Hotel via Bookings.com. The hotel wasn't your typical hotel. It is so countryside yet perfect for a getaway. The landscapes are beautiful amd facilities on point. Clean, comfortable and friendly staff.
I booked the Venue simply because I wanted to tour Hartbeespoort (which is about 30 minutes to an hour away from Pelindaba). So while I did not explore the beautiful surrounds of The Venue, it was definitely a place that makes you forhey your troubles.

It is simply beautiful ...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Deon S, General Manager at The Venue Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Good day,

Thank you so much for your response.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

The rooms was nice. No king size sheet to cover 2 single beds pushed together so sleeping is a bit uncomfortable. The TV was not working but the gentleman did came to assist after I had to walk to get assistance. The phone system was down so we had to walk or phone from our cell phones.
We were there for a conference and at dinner we assumed we did pay the WHOLE bill but some of the waiters did not know what they were doing so we had to pay an EXTRA account? Also for a big group there were only 3 max waiters and 1 perhaps 2 barmen. Also sure the one was training because it took an lifetime to get some drinks and then there was only 4 people at the bar - us 4.
the breakfast was good and that we did enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Deon S, General Manager at The Venue Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Good day Karen and thank you for your review.

Unfortunately all our double rooms were booked so we had to improvise.
I acquired additional 5 Kind Bed converters to address to rising demand of double rooms.

Our TV's and phone work with fibre and internet, so when the internet is down, it affects both the TV's and phones. We are in the process to change suppliers..

As for the lack of service, there are no excuses and this will be addressed with the F&B department. I apologise for this.

I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and will pass your compliments to the kitchen.