See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 1, 2015

One reviewer commented about google maps mislocating Marrucola - which it does. However, if you look on streetview and follow the road out of town, you soon come across a little church on the right, and the entrance is immediately after (only about 600m from the San Miniato car park). It really isn't very far.

We found this to be a very friendly place with a refreshingly relaxed attitude to check-out time. Our room was in a block separate to the restaurant, and looking the other way, so we had a very peaceful night. We were in a triple room with a single and double bed. There was very effective air conditioning which was extremely quiet. The bathroom was clean and the shower strong.

Breakfast was a buffet with all the usual items including a cake (see picture).

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2015

Went to San Miniato to attend a wedding but it's not convenient to stay at the Marrucola unless you rent a car as it is remote and difficult to find. Google Maps placed it about 2km away from its true location but thankfully I managed to wheel my suitcase up and down 2km of road with no pavement in the searing heat and felt an air of euphoria as I finally got to the place and had a dip in the pool which had a lot of people in but it was fine. Was riddled with mosquito bites on the first night and the air con had no remote to keep the coolness down so I had to get up through the night to take cold showers in order to try to sleep. Was knackered the next day and in the end I stayed somewhere else for the rest of my trip, not because I hated this place so much but because of it's inconvenient location. Would be fine if you're there to get involved in their wine tours, which I didn't ask about. There is only one taxi driver in the whole of San Miniato so ask the hotel to call him well in advance if you need him. Reception only works about 8 hours per day here so if you have any questions you might have to wait for someone to come out of the kitchen but there's no guarantee this person will speak English. Awful wifi here. Nice view of the Tuscan countryside. Breakfast is very limited but there was a kind of lemon cake that I think was homemade and was delicious.

Room Tip: I chose the suite but I wouldn't bother with it again. No real benefit.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Claudio C, Proprietario at Marrucola, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2015

Hello,
We're disappointed when read the comments that have no sense .
I reply immediately explaining that your complaints are false
How can you say that the Marrucola is not in a good position? ? is exactly 700 mt from the village and still enjoys lighting of the highway .
The air conditioning works perfectly , the next time before you say it's broken and write a review try to ask at staff
The reception is 9-13 15-19 but there is always someone , since my family lives here.
In San Miniato there is only one taxi but we are available for our guests ( just ask )
For the wine tour (again you have asked nothing ! )

Breakfast is simple and genuine

we Appreciate the criticism that help us improve but this is without reasons , probably the holiday on a farm is not for you !

Reviewed July 16, 2015

We were here last year for a perfect 24 hours. The Room was huge & airy, the pool was perfect, the setting was gorgeous but the best of it was Ezio & his family & staff. They were so welcoming we felt very much at home. We had walked over 35km so were exhausted on arrival. Ezio's cheerful & generous hospitality quickly had us feeling relaxed & happy. The food was excellent. I'm allergic to milk & eggs. That didnt cause any problem at all. We had a delicious meal with great local wines. We couldnt recommend this place enough. Gillian.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2015 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at Marrucola. The host Ezio was very nice and made sure that everybody was entertained. The appartments were spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable! The dinner at Marrucola was also amazing! 5-courses of Italian deliciousness. In the evening after dinner, Ezio entertained us all with some karaoke and I have to say: this man can sing! Amazing. The other guests were also not to shy to do some karaoke, so that made for a very enjoyable and entertaining evening. Thanks for everything!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ayla K
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stayed at marrucola for 6 nights in august. The location was perfect as its at a walking distance from a small willage and stunning nature. The other guests (all ages) and the people working there were very friendly. Dinner and lunch were always a lot of fun. Food was inexpensive and very good. It was prepared in italian style with antipasti, primo, secondi and something sweet. Some nights the owner sang opera for us (hes amazing at it). We were free to have a look at the farm by our selves and taste the grapes. The owner also took us on a wine tour were we got to taste his wine and he explained the provess of making wine. I would recommend this wineyard to anyone, especially couples, families and friends travellibg in small groups. It was the highlight of our vecation in italy!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Claudio C, Direttore at Marrucola, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2014

Hi,

it was very nice to read your words,
we're happy when our work is appreciated and our customers spend a good holiday.

Thanks !