“Hot spot in San Miniato”
Review of Caffe Centrale

Caffe Centrale
Ranked #11 of 88 Restaurants in San Miniato
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Happening place, huge drink menu with great cocktails, friendly people, excellent service, free wifi.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

As has been typical of our holiday we arrived very late in the afternoon, with most of the restaurants being closed.

In fact these guys were on their last orders and I think were ready to close the kitchen for the afternoon.

However, they were very happy to serve us. They only had 3 options left, all of which sounded great. We had 2 gnocchi options and one carbonarra. I believe one of the reviews mentioned they thought the meals were frozen and reheated. Well, I can only speak from experience that these meals we had were incredibly fresh and cooked there onsite. We know they did not have microwaves as they had to warm our 11 months food on the stove as they do not have a microwave.

We had a lovely glass of wine and enjoyed the spectacular views whilst we munched our meal. All course got the seal of approval from our daughter who ate as much as we did.

I would certainly have no hesitation to return again.

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

We were so disappointed in our lunch here. I first visited several years ago and had a wonderful meal with a spectacular view. Back then, the fresh Caprese salad had delicious tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and the Bresaola salad was high quality. This time I booked a table for lunch to wow my visiting family on our way to wine tasting in Chianti. The views were the same but there was no longer a menu, just a few daily options for a work lunch that they organise for the employees of the bank next door. Okay, that changed and we were a little disappointed to not be able to get some of our fave dishes like before but we went ahead and ordered, with a little variance for my vegetarian niece (no veggie options). The pasta and meatball dishes were clearly pre-packaged, frozen meals for restaurants. There wasn't fresh, homemade food to be found. Flavours were ok, but salty and clearly just dumped on the plate. What a shame. No one liked their meal and I felt like we wasted one of our final meals together that could have been spent in a much better place. We focused on the stunning views and the fact that the meal was very cheap.
If you're travelling on a budget and don't mind mediocre frozen food, then this is a great place.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

The most wonderful time spent here. Brilliant food and brilliant local atmosphere. Staff are welcoming and chatty. I felt truly privalledged to have spent so long in San Miniato with Centrale as my main choice of eatery.

1  Thank Tallulah B
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful food, wonderful atmosphere. Thank you for all of the brilliant meals we have enjoyed! Great atmosphere and dancing too