All reviews shower block ice blocks wonderful site camping trip amazing facilities underfloor heating yvonne and paul national trust peak district great base to explore will return very soon dog walking playing area washing machine and dryer fantastic campsite stayed here for a week children enjoyed playing
Reviewed September 23, 2018

We always research sites before booking them but this one was a little different. We found ourselves looking to stay somewhere for an extra night on our way home from the Lake District and found Upper Hurst on Google while driving down the M6. So glad we booked this one and not one of the other sites we walked past during our stay. Many of these were a field with a portacabin being used as the amenities block. Not so Upper Hurst, they managed to get us and some friends onto the site near to each other in a tidy, small field with hardstanding for both of our campervans. The toilet and shower block was clean and tidy and the pub was only a couple of fields away.... what more could you want??

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Susan G, Owner at Upper Hurst Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so much, we love it too!

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week and wouldn't hesitate to come back. Toilet block was immaculate and staff very friendly and helpful. Pub is a couple of fields' walk away and the Manifold Trail starts nearby. Shetland ponies provide an attraction for kids and there is a large play area too. Fridge for ice blocks and washing machine and dryer - well it is in the Peak District!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Susan G, Owner at Upper Hurst Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Thank you for you lovely review and I'm pretty sure we'll see you return. Thank you again

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Excellent camp site. Would recommend to family's. Great facilities, clean and modern. Good play area for children. The site isn't over crowded and all resident's are quiet by 10pm. Very friendly helpful staff.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We love children so that helps!

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Tried to book this campsite for the weekend. Emailed to enquire about availability to be told there was so replied and said we wanted to book. I was sent the booking form and then within 5 minutes sent another email saying she had accepted another booking and therefore cancelled my booking. Very rude. Would not try to book here again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Susan G, Owner at Upper Hurst Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Hi Nina
This is my email reply to you 'I didn’t give your pitch away! It was booked in the gap between my reply and your reply.' What actually happened was I created your booking form when I hadn't got space (I must have looked at the wrong date on my planner) and when I realised just after I sent your booking form by email, I emailed you again straight away to say I was full. So there was an error on my part, and for that I apologise.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We (my school friend and I) stayed here for a week, with three lively boys and two chilled out dogs in mid-July; the site is beautifully kept with fabulously clean facilities, the staff could not be more helpful and the pitches (one caravan and one (and a half!) tents were perfect. The location was great and we had a very chilled week eating lots of ice cream whilst the boys and the dogs played in a variety of rivers - perfect!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Susan G, Owner at Upper Hurst Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you Jo, that is a fabulous review.