If for whatever reason you can't make it deep into the Ecuadorian Amazon, Hakuna Matata is a great option because it is just a four hour drive from Quito and you are in the jungle on the edge of the Amazon. You won't see as much wildlife but you'll see birds and the hotel has a wonderful nursery of tiny poisonous frogs. It is close to a river so you hear the water from your room. The two times I've stayed at Hakuna Matata, the owners have been away but their wonderful Belgian friend, Ann, is there and very warm and friendly. Oh, and I've never been served a beer so cold as the one I had at Hakuna Matata.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A treasure between the Andes and the Amazon, Hakuna Matata Lodge is a unique spot for pleasure-lovers. In the heart of Ecuador, off the beaten tourist paths, you will find a place where nothing is obligatory, but everything is possible! From absolute relaxation to total adrenaline. At only 10 km from Tena, capital of the safe Napo Province, this private hacienda of approximately 150 ha is the perfect place to enjoy to the fullest a never-ending series of activities. Hakuna Matata lies on the shores of the crystal-clear river and has a unique palm tree shape swimming pool filled with spring water with an average temperature of 77°F/25° C. Our three types of accommodation, 'Hakuna Cabins', 'Hakuna Lodge' and 'Hakuna Supreme' offer you spacious rooms with private bathroom and hot shower. Excellent mattresses and a mosquito-free stay guarantee you the rest you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Hakuna Matata Amazon Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Hakuna Matata Hotel Archidona
- Hakuna Matata Amazon Lodge Ecuador/Archidona