“WORST CLINIC SPA I HAVE BEEN IN MY LIFE” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of SHA Wellness Clinic

SHA Wellness Clinic
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in El Albir
milano
“WORST CLINIC SPA I HAVE BEEN IN MY LIFE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

i consider sha wellness clinic the worst experience i have had in my life considering i have travelled in resort and clinic spa all over the world from italy, spain, france, switzerland, greece,australia, usa, canada,japan maldives, seychelles, mauritius, dubai, slovenia, and more.
room is nice but the spa and the reception is a really messy.
masseurs arriving late and treatment made in adjusted room with noisy and mostly with unprofessional personnel. the romanian spa director is not prepared to adviceclients for tretments and not able o use good manners. he is not reaaly competent. should do another kind of work.
mostly of the employes of the spa reception were not able to speak and understand english and not professional. they were doing stage for few months and after change.
recetion employes too were not professional and not able to speak and understand english.
they talk back with unpolite words too.
detox package i have done caused me health problem and when i got back home i was still sick for few months. during that stay i got sick cause of the diet and none helped me, there is no medical control during the night if you got sick you should wait till the morning if you survive.
i was calling all the night the reception for a doctor and the talk me bad the nurse arrived in the morning around 8.30 after i called 10 times.
i asked for a taxi to go in the hospital and the reception guy said me were not possible and close the phone. i felt alone and really worried and i pray to see the next day.
to be in a wellness clinic you should be checked and controlled 24 hours especially if are doing a strict and dangerous diet.
i spoke with the owner but he didn't look helpfull or interested on what happened.
i left before my booked staying but they didn't refund me for a part for all problems caused me from the diet and for the poor treatments i payed and they are not cheap compare to the quality.
i paid a shiatsu massage and because the spa rooms were full the masseur brought me in the yoga classe to have that massage, it was really cold and people were screaming and knocking outsise the yoga door because they have to start the lesson so i paid the hole amount for a only 20 terrible minutes of shatsu massage.
they forgot me also during the walk time in the morning at the lighthouse area, after many hours they came to pick me up.
this sha clinic is a nightmare and i advice to avoid it.
there are wellness clinic really professional in other parts of the world that give good results.
sha wellnes is advertised because the owner pays famous people and famous international magazines.
i got back home sick and more stressed than when i left my home.
food was ok for some dishes but the peolpe were in diet complained many many times for the quality and the quantity.
in general when i was there i heards negative comments especially for the spa and the reception but also for the food and the general behaviour of the workers.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
35 Thank caterina r
AnthonyValen, senior Director of Sales at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
It is with great attention that I read your comments and I am truly sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations.
Clearly every individual has a different idea of "perfection" and this is a very subjective matter. Although we strive for "perfection" and do our utmost to meet all our customers requirements we may, on occasion, fall short of this goal. In these cases we welcome feedback such as yours so that we can build on our service levels and improve for the future.
Please feel free to contact me so that I can answer your questions and respond to your comments.
Yet again, SHA WELLNESS CLINIC tries to bring the best to our customers. Our team is committed to bringing our clients and visitors the best of ourselves.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

“The ultimate in rest and wellness with a myriad of services devoted to your wellbeing. I couldn’t have asked for a better, more relaxing experience. The Spa was divine – I especially loved the deep-tissue massage and specialized beauty treatments like oxygen therapy for my skin. I left feeling like a whole new person, relaxed and rejuvenated. I have recommended this place to all my girlfriends looking for a soothing escape where you are absolutely pampered.”

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Consigliera-S
AnthonyValen, Senior Director of Sales at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you on behalf of our entire team for the delicate comment you have posted on this site. We are pleased that your visit has given you full satisfaction and hope to see you again in our beautiful concept clinic.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

SHA has large lovely rooms that are mostly very comfortable. The pluses are incredibly beautiful weather, excellent sitting area and furnishings, nice bathroom with a stall shower (no tub), tons of closet and storage space, excellent lighting, amazing blackout shutters, good and free internet service, large furnished private terrace, great views in all directions (you can see a bit of the water even from the non-sea view rooms), gorgeous pools (unfortunately unheated). The parts I did not like as much: it is about a 20 minute walk into town and a steep climb back although taxis are easily available, the hotel's food is only so-so with an extremely limited choice, the pillows are truly horrible, the minibar is either not stocked or not restocked. The spa treatments are good, but no better than many other similar places. The town has no good restaurants but nearby towns offer very nice places to eat. Overall, the location and hotel are exceptionally nice and very relaxing.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank atw100
AnthonyValen, Senior Director of Sales at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
I have carefully read your comments. They are always very useful to improve ourselves.
I would just draw your attention to the fact that our kitchen is MACROBIOTIC, intended for customers who want to lose weight and feel more in tune with their bodies. We offer three types of menus and I am truly sorry this renowned cuisine was not up to your appreciation.
Regarding the well being in your room, I will share this information and seek for improvement and present our apologies if we have not lived up to your expectations.
However, we hope to see you again at SHA WELLNESS CLINIC.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I had fantastic 14 days of Detox Programme. Lost 8Kgs. And enjoyed every single day and lost kilo! :)
Many nearby golf courses, which for a golf enthusiast like me is key.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Christophe S
shawellnessclinic, Public Relations Manager at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear Christophe,
Thank you for selecting SHA Wellness Clinic.
We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. We appreciate your positive comments that will serve as encouragement to our staff.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and meeting you on your next visit to SHA Wellness Clinic.

With warmest regards,
Enschede, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

A great 3 day stay, highly recommend SHAMADI restaurant. Healthy gastronomy, top Chef, warm service, even haute cuisine desserts without sugar

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Nico2602
AnthonyValen, Director of Sales at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
I would like to use this reply as an opportunity to express our gratitude for the nice comment you wrote about your food experience at SHA WELLNESS CLINIC.
Our team is always very sensitive to feedback from our customers.
Our chef, Pablo MONTORO, is a very talented chef : we are proud of his presence at SHA.
We look forward to seeing you in the near future,
spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Everything is there, but the chaos is so great it ruins your holidays. Music pipping at 4 am to wake you up, non existent sound proofing of rooms which mean you can hear everything from next door and the corridors, ,endless delays in appointments, cold food as it is prepared at 19 for example at night and then sort of kept warm.... So eat warm early or cold later....and unless you are in a Programe just 3 mains to choose from, very boring. When coming for a week's stay.... surly staff when anything goes wrong and believe me everything does.... First impressions were good but soon teachers not showing up for classes with no notice, delays and general chaos put paid to any idea of relaxing holidays, I could go on for pages... Very bad value for money, unless you personnally know The owners, in which case other people will have to wait ......All in all very bad, you are made to feel as you are not important every step of the way. The spa is very good, unless there is a private lesson going on, in which case you are asked NOT to use the facilities !!! Beware
Not worth the money.

Room Tip: Nothing I'm afraid....
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
36 Thank nadinejane
Thank you for taking the time to express your comments regarding your stay at SHA WELLNESS CLINIC.
I am confused by reading your negative comments; fortunately, this kind of feedback is rare and
almost all of our clients leave satisfied with their stay. It may be that yours is not held in conditions and I'm sorry. Perhaps your comment is linked more with your emotional field.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again here so that you can revise your positive overall impression.
We strive to give our customers the best service.
Expat in Madrid
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

I recently arrived back from a stay in SHA and had a lovely and relaxing time. A friend and I decided to go as a way to spend some time together and to recharge our batteries a bit. My friend is a repeat client (3rd time in a year) but it was the first time for me.

We decided to go for 3 days with the two-day intro package rather than one of the rigorous detox or weight-loss. This package is great for people who may want to sample the macrobiotic diet but mainly want a relaxing short break.

Our room was amazing. We got the standard room but it was quite large and had a large terrace. My favourite was a separate room they had for the closet--we were able to leave our bags and everything in there and not have to trip over them the whole stay, more hotels should do this. We had a shower, no bath, not a problem for me, and no problems with the shower overflowing. All sorts of details are thought of such as outlets on the terrace so you can be on your computer or whatever and enjoy the time outdoors. Only complaint is the air-conditioning in our room--it was much too strong and we couldn't moderate it. Without it the room became suffocating but with it was very cold at night. We didn't bring this up to management though as we found a few duvets and just used those at night.

Treatments were excellent. The massages are all some of the best I've had and quite a notch above your usual hotel treatments. I also did a private pilates class which was also quite good. Only negative is that some of my treatments and courses started a bit late, but they didn't seem to skimp on the time. If you are thinking about doing any treatments or classes in addition to what is provided on your programme, it's well worth scheduling them ahead of time as some of the popular ones may be all booked up when you are there.

Classes were a bit hit-or-miss. I found them quite introductory in that most people who are aware of healthy eating principles might not get much out of them. They also seemed to be lacking a bit in practical applications of the information. The cooking class was quite good though and you can tell the chef brings a lot of care into his kitchen.

Finally, the restaurant was very good. As we were not on a special dietary programme, we ordered a la carte though our meals were included in the price of our programme. Although I'm a semi-vegetarian and try to eat healthily, I had never really had macrobiotic food before. It was absolutely delicious though I'm sure it's well above most other macrobiotic restaurants out there. I agree with another poster about the shrimp carpaccio and the tuna tetaki--they were some of my favourites. My only complaint (and one of the reasons I am not giving 5 stars) is that the service is very slow. The whole atmosphere is very relaxed, so it's not usually a problem, but sometimes it can get very annoying. All the guests were commenting on this so I don't think it was a problem unique for us. I think they need to get a few more waitstaff.

I had a wonderful stay here and will definitely come back. Everything was top-notch. I've been to a few other "spa" resorts like this and you rarely find everything to high-quality and so much attention to detail. It was a great getaway.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are all the same. I don't think upgrades are really available (even for my friend...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5.7 km away
Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique
14.1 km away
Gran Hotel Sol y Mar

Been to SHA Wellness Clinic? Share your experiences!