All reviews good size quiet hotel rooms are clean very nice stay paris metro station soundproofing
Reviewed January 20, 2017

The room was neat and clean, the location great (trust me, I lived in nearby Nogent and I know what I'm talking about).
Most specifically, the people were lovely. Unfortunately, I cannot remember names, but I remember the experience. I had a small breakfast and a great talk with the young woman who was there at the time, while enjoying the cozy living room, books, and tv.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
PATRON4, Responsable réception at Hotel Donjon Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2017

Good Morning Aude M

Thanks you for your lovely comments and the time you spent to discribe your expérience in house. We are happy to hear that you spent a great time in our hotel.
Well!! the most important, as you mentioned it, is the memory we left in your mind. It's quite pleaseant to enjoy the cozy living room as the outdoor patio during the summer time.
We hope to welcome you for your next travel.
Best regrads

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

This is a small, attractive and comfortable hotel. It is in Vincennes which is a fairly upmarket and pretty part of east Paris. It is next to the lovely Bois De Vincennes. The hotel is conveniently near to the Metro. It is on a side street so not noisy.

The hotel is stylishly decorated and very clean. The beds are comfortable. The room we were in was fined for two of us and the armchair would convert into a single bed so we could have squeezed in a third person.

The breakfast was very simple and pretty expensive at €11.

We chose this hotel as we have friends in Vincennes but I would recommend it for general tourists to Paris as it is a short metro ride into 'the sights' and feels untouristy and real.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ruuthee
PATRON4, Responsable réception at Hotel Donjon Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Good morning ruuthee

Thank you very much for you lovely comment, and sharing your expérience with the travalers community. The metro station is at 3 min walking from the hotel. As you said the line 1 is very convenient to go to the main capital's sights.
We were very happy to welcom you, and hope to see you whenever you're back to visit your friends.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

It's a very nice hotel, beautiful and very calm, located in a very beautiful area. The room had everything we needed, was of a good size, confortable and had a nice view.
But the best thing about this hotel was the people. Our hosts were very nice and attentive. We loved it and we recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
PATRON4, Responsable réception at Hotel Donjon Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Good Morning anabelamina77

I would like to thank you for the time you have spent to write this lovely message. We have different rage of room, some of them gives a view on a private terrace. We are so glad to ear you did enjoy the way you have been welcomed.
We will be happy to welcom you on your next trip.

Reviewed June 4, 2016

This hotel is a true gem in quiet and lovely Vincennes. You can get the true french experience in Vincennes, without overly touristic aspects, while being at a very short and convenient distance by metro to Paris centre. It is also on the RER line. The hotel is very clean, nicely decorated, the stuff is friendly and speaks fluent english. My room had an excellent bathroom, modern and clean. The carpet in the room was superb. I usually cannot stand carpets in hotels (dusty, dirty, etc...), but this one really made me want to walk around barefoot. It is a small hotel, so you can hear from time to time voices and steps from other guests, but it tends to be very quiet. At walking distance from the hotel, you can find a lovely pedestrian district full of high quality shops where to buy delicious french food or go on a fancy shopping spree.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
PATRON4, Responsable réception at Hotel Donjon Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Good morning Alessandra S

We were happy to welcome you at the hotel. We are so glad you did enjoyed your staying with us. You give a lot of details about the room and the hotel. So what can I add ??
Do not forget the best rate is always available on our web site or you can contact us directly by phone or e-mail. All the team wish you the best for your pregnancy, and will be happy to welcome you with you familly.

Gwen

Reviewed November 15, 2015

This hotel is a little more older looking than what the pictures suggest. My room was tiny (two twin beds) but the bathroom was huge! [the closet is in the bathroom - is this common in Parisian hotels?]. Though really, they need to put a shower curtain for the tub. Also, you can hear everything around you when you are in your room so if you are a light sleeper, this could be a tad bit hard to sleep through the hours of 11-2AM when guests are still returning. The staff is friendly and keep the rooms and hotel area very clean. I thought this was a good price though and very close to the 1 line which takes you to the Louvre in 30 minutes. Vincennes streets can be quiet though in the night so I would get to my room by 9.30 PM since I was a solo traveller. Good supermarkets nearby if you just want a good, cheap sandwich for dinner.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank yk2115
PATRON4, Responsable réception at Hotel Donjon Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2016

Good morning yk 2115

Thank you very much for the time your had spent to write this kind message.
Each room have its own style. There is a mix with modern style and old-fashion.
For the story the hotel built in 1909. So the closet in the bathroom were very common in the earliest 19th. There were only two rooms on each floor with private bathroom. The other one had to used shower and toilets on the landing.
So first of all, we have renovated and designed pivate bathroom since we 've arried in 2009. Which represents a total of 16 rooms.
And because our customer satisfaction is our priority, we have some projects coming soon.
As you mention it Vincennes is a quiet area and the hotel is at 2 min by foot from the line 1 which bring you quickly to the center of Paris.
Hope you travelled safely back home.
Hope to see you for your next trip in Paris.