All reviewswater meadowssitting roomtwin roomsportsman publovely hostssouth downs waycomfortable accommodationpub next doorb and bstayed hereon arrivalloungegownfacilitiescottage
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We had a lovely weekend at Woodybanks. Jackie and Graham gave us a vey warm welcome, and were very helpful throughout the weekend. Woodybanks is warm, comfortable and quiet, the breakfasts were delicious, and the view the best of any B and B we have been to. We didn't want to leave! The area also has plenty to offer- there's loads of information available in the cottage. Thank you Jackie and Graham for a lovely Easter weekend, we will definetly be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djames2756
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Our rooms were cosy and well presented and the twin room myself and a friend were in had fantastic views. Hot shower, plentiful and delicious breakfast with fresh coffee, helpful hosts (they kindly booked us in for a meal at the local pub The Sportsman Inn - which has fabulous food, and forwarded on my headphones that I left behind!)

A wonderful stay in a beautiful village.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank danieljamesparsons
Reviewed February 18, 2018

As a solo female traveller visiting an unfamiliar area, I need not have worried. I travelled from Devon via public transport & had arrangements to meet friends in the village after my journey. Graham kindly collected me after to take me to B & B. Room was comfortable, fresh milk, water, biscuits. Hairdryer & dressing gown. Separate bathroom not an issue. Shower hot and good power. Separate lounge for guests. Lovely to sit & have breakfast listening to relaxing music watching the birds on the feeder by the window next to my table. Breakfast plentiful, hot and well presented. Loved the barn owl salt & pepper pots! For those staying longer, lots of local information displayed for reference. Graham kindly drove me to the train station for my return journey. Attached is a photo taken near the B & B that evening. A very homely and welcoming B & B. Thank you Jackie and Graham for looking after me!

Room Tip: The twin room has views over the surrounding countryside
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jenny1Devon
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

You will be guaranteed the warmest of welcomes at Woodybanks. Your hosts are charming and take a real joy in making you feel at home. The accommodation and facilities are brilliant and the breakfast amazing. Nothing is too much trouble for Jackie and Graham and if you need any advice on what to do or where to eat then just ask. This is a great location for Sussex and South Downs activities, with beautiful views of the wetlands and Downs. It’s basically like having your own self contained flat where you get waited on hand and foot! I will recommend to all my friends and family for sure.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NigelAllery
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Very welcoming and kind hosts. Lovely garden to sit and enjoy an on arrival cup of tea. Breakfast was particularly nicely presented. Pub next door very convenient for evening meal. Separate bathroom not an issue.

Stayed: July 2017