“Worst service ever!!”
Review of Parador Boquemar

Parador Boquemar
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Boqueron
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Worst service ever! The reservation was supposed to include breakfast every day but after checking in, the breakfast was denied to us the second day.... We'll never come back to that so cheap and fraudulent place!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Boquemar, Owner at Parador Boquemar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

We apologize one more time for the situation and the misunderstanding .We explained our restaurant opens certain days on the week at this moment,but we have breakfast available on weekend. We did what was possible that this situation did not affect your stay. Please accept our apologize.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

I am originally from Cabo Rojo but I never had the opportunity to enjoy it as grown up...I told my wife that I was looking for a local spot to stay and I was not looking for luxury and the only experience I was striving for was to enjoy my Island with the locals and away from the big tourist attractions and Boquemar. This was one of the best vacation I ever had but warning do not look for luxury in this hotel but it was the best time I had with the locals. Met and hung out with Orlando Cruz the Puerto Rican professional boxer. Boquemar was clean with a friendly Peter at the front desk and I am already looking to return.

Room Tip: No Elevators
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

We are so glad to receive your comments and to know that this was your best vacation so far. As you explain we are not a "Luxury hotel" or their rates. We are a clean and cozy inn in the middle of the "Poblado de Boquerón" with excellent rates and offers .You are always Bienvenidos!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I needed a place to spend the night. We were offered a very good price plus we were included in the breakfasts. The room was very comfortable, clean and cozy. Very kind and nice staff. Easy to reach with a very good atmosphere just steps from the hotel, for drinks, music, dancing and shopping.

Mi esposo y yo necesitavamos un lugar donde pasar la noche. nos ofrecieron un muy buen precio ademas nos incluyeron los desayunos. La habitacion era muy comoda, limpia y acogedora. El personal muy atento y agradable. Facil de llegar con un muy buen ambiente a solo pasos del hotel, para unos tragos, musica, baile y compras.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. You could not have described us better. We hope to see you soon. Always Bienvenidos!
Muchas gracias por sus comentarios. mejor no nos pudo describir...asi somos.
Esperamos verlos pronto. Bienvenidos siempre!

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

I stay here when visting Boquerón. Location, location, location.
No luxuries. But I do not want luxuries and have to pay for it when in Boquerón. My stays in Boquerón with the family are for going to the beach all day, hang out at night in the "Poblado" and eat at a different local restaurant every day.

You get all of that at Parador Boquemar without taking your car out of the parking lot. That is what I like. We park our car when we arrive and don't use it until check-out. You have everything right there since the place is in the heart of the Poblado.

The only place I stay when in Boquerón. And I also like the original small rooms on the first floor.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Boquemar, Owner at Parador Boquemar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thank you for your comments.Thank you for highlighting our location and everything that you liked and enjoyed with your family during your stay with us and on Boquerón. Thank you for appreciating our service and simpleness without lacking anything and making it possible that your experience in Boquerón was 5 stars. Bienvenidos siempre!

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Booked this Hotel and first of all, the roads in the area where in construction and they didn't informed it. I was very difficult to get there. The hotel room was OK except for the loud and noisy air conditioning. I could hardly sleep. I have stayed at better places for less the price.

Room Tip: ask if works on road are finished
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and your suggestion in order for us to improve our service.We apologize for the inconvinience caused by the remodeling of our area,but we know we will be able to enjoy a better and renewal Poblado soon. Welcome always!

Reviewed 5 July 2016

They have little rooms and showers but you will stay in the perfect place to have fun just 30 seconds from the bars and restaurant and 3 minutes walking from the Beach area . This is a guesthouse more than an hotel but you will love the location. Its not Luxury, its just to have fun outside the place, take some oysters just from the water.

Room Tip: ask for lower rooms, no elevators there
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Felix V

Thank you for your comments .We totally agree with you "We are just in
Place",walking distance to the beach,bars,restaurants and beautiful sunset and, of course,the most fresh oyster you can find.Thank you and Bienvenidos always!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Me & my wife stayed here for the weekend, room was clean, bathroom clean, beds were comfortable, A/C kicking really nice and cool, everything as far as the room is Okay, Hotel location is right in the middle of where everything is happening, so it's not quiet, especially during the weekends, you can hear the music from the bars adjacent, that is until midnight. The restaurant, "LAS CASACADAS" thumbs down, I'm sorry, but do not eat there, it's not only overpriced it's depressing, the food quality is not up to par, service is more like lost in space. If you want to eat a very nice breakfast or pretty much a meal, head to Los Remos, really, really good. TV did not have much to choose, anyway we didn't go to watch TV, No Internet, No Elevator, it's just a basic hotel that has the basic amenities. Overall we had a great time, love the island, and I'd stay again. It's not bad for the price. Thanks BOQUEMAR!!!

Room Tip: Basic Hotel, it has a small fridge, A/C worked fine, bathroom slightly uncomfortable. plenty of hot...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elmo R

Thank you for your comments and highlighting our location "Where everything is happening"...we loved this phrase.Thank you for acknowleding our facilities,rates and service.Also your suggestions for the improvement of our Restaurant will be taken into consideration.But the best of all is knowing you enjoyed your stay at the Island and you will be repeating it.Thank you from all of us. Bienvenidos a Boquemar, always!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boqueron
6.6 km away
19.8 km away
Hotel Colonial
Hotel Colonial
#2 of 4 in Mayaguez

Been to Parador Boquemar? Share your experiences!