All reviews national park tasting menu the hotel offers en route swimming pool the kitchen fine dining wellness room honeymoon suite young woman three nights garden suite marta mountains wedding village castle
Reviewed June 6, 2018

Overall this hotel is very good. The location is beautiful, set within the national park, and the seating areas, breakfast room and our bedroom, all made excellent use of the stunning location. The staff were lovely. Friendly and very informative.

Then there was the food! The food was excellent. It is clearly a 'foodie' hotel and they were very passionate about their menus and their flavour combinations. We actually stayed on a night when the main restaurant was closed, and therefore had to eat in the pizza restaurant, but even still each dish came with a detailed explanation of ingredients or flavour. Everything we sampled was delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Sadly there were a couple of downsides. One being the suite in which we stayed smelt really old and stale. It was quite overwhelming and made being in the room quite uncomfortable.

Secondly, the breakfast, although we booked a room with 'breakfast included', breakfast was actually very limited unless you were willing to pay extra. We have stayed in many hotels in Italy and have never seen this on a breakfast menu before. Due to glass windows, you can see directly into the kitchen from the breakfast room, and we watched the kitchen staff merely standing around waiting for something to do. It didn't make sense that they would rather pay their staff to stand around, when they could be cooking for their guests.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
FamigliaBaroniHotels, Proprietario at I Tre Baroni, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Dear Seeitforyourself, thank you very much for your feedback. You are right, we are a foodie hotel and restaurant is probably our main point: this is the reason why the kitchen staff works so hard. They start at 08:00 in the morning but not for the service of breakfast but for preparing the dihes for the dinner service. Since the staff is already working whilst breakfast is being served, people could order extra dishes made a la minute.
Yes, breakfast is included and we served: ham, cheese and salami, croissant and several homemade cakes (ciambellone, apple or carrot pie, plumcake, crostata with blackberries and with apricot), boiled eggs, tuscan bread and toast, fruit, marmelades and honey, cereals and muesli. Together with food, you could order cappuccino,coffee, teas direcly to our staff and they prepare at the moment. Then, if you would like to have scrumbled eggs with Pancetta or a cold cuts selection or a mushroom omlette, you have the menu and you could order. I am pretty sure you have travelled across Italy but breakfast menus are really common in hotels together with the breakfast buffet. Finally, breakfast is included, not partially, but we found it would be nice to give people the chance to have something extra since the kitchen is already working. I find hard to believe the kitchen staff standing around waiting for something to do.

Lastly, the room. The pink suite is probably one of the nicest rooms we have and for sure it has the best view of the entire hotel. I would like to know how a hotel built in 2004 could smell really old and stale. Maybe you are talking of the antique forniture you find in that room. Since in the hotel we also have rooms furnished with more modern furniture, we would have appreciated if you had expressed your remarks at the time of check-in; we would have surely moved you into a room that would have met your expectations.

Nevertheless, we wish to thank you for taking the time to express your appreciation of our staff, cuisine and location. We always try to do our best to satisfy all our guests' needs. Thank you.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay for a weekend away for a destination wedding. The staff are friendly and super helpful.

Lovely breakfast and there are some beautiful walks in the area.

All by all a fantastic stay

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We were invited as guest to a 3-day birthday celebration for my aunt last July. The whole stay was absolutely amazing! The place in it self, the food and drinks, the accomodation. The party it self contained several parts, all from drinks and mingle by the pool to a fantastic sit down dinner and it was all top grade! The manager on site, and also the person handeling booking and reseravation dialouges was a fantastic woman named Marta Bidi! She, together with her great staff, really did their absolute best to create the best stay for our party of 60 guests. They make you feel at home in their amazing way to take care of you!

I really recommend Tri Baroni , even if its just for a nights stay passing by or to arraneg a whole wedding or a bigger party! We will def come back! :)

Room Tip: Ask for Marta, she will arraneg it all just like you want it!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017

We spent 5 days at I Tre Baroni and had a great start to our Tuscan vacation. From our room we could overlook the valley and see the town of Poppi in the distance. Many a night, I sat on a chair outside the room and watched the sun set. The pool also had the same valley views. The whole experience was very relaxing. It made us feel as if we were in a different world. The friendly staff made us feel at home. The breakfasts were a wonderful way to start the day. We ate dinner at the restaurant, Mater, three nights. It was a special treat. I have written a separate review for Mater.

In short, life is full of experiences. This is one I will remember for a long time.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2017

My husband and I got married here on 23.07.2017. I have to start by thanking Marta Bidi, the hotels manager and receptionist. I have been in contact with Marta since last year April 2016 and up until our wedding day (even after) she has been most helpful, kind and replies almost immediately. She is quick, always dashing around and always 2 steps ahead of everyone. We are forever thankful to Marta's love and passion for her hotel, her staff and of course the way that she treats all her guests as if we are all one large family.

As for the location, WOW, the views are breathtaking and Casentino national forest is 10 min drive up the mountain where you can go for a nice hike. Be sure to visit Locanda dei Baroni for an afternoon lunch or evening dinner (they are the sister restaurant of I Tre Baroni).

The new restaurant of I tre Baroni has the most exceptional fine dining, the chef of I tre Baroni has a passion for food and his love and passion comes across in the most outstanding food presentation and quality.

When we visited I Tre Baroni for the first time in April 2017 for the location viewing, we were so amazed and it most certainly exceeded our expectations. The new restaurant is the highlight, with it's unique feature that the guests can watch the chef cook! Large bay windows, lower terrace and roof top terrace, lovely brick walls, garden and pool area are well kept and all the staff members are there to ensure you receive the best service possible.

We stayed in the Honeymoon suite which is comprised of a large bedroom with 4 poster bed, absolutely gorgeous blue curtains and beds are very comfortable, en suite bathroom, hallway and your very own wellness room which includes 2 wooden lounge chairs, a sauna, nice large shower, hot tub and mood lights/wellness music plus water and tea/bathrobes and slippers.

We were also very lucky to view all the rooms that I tre Baroni have to offer, and I must admit that all the suites are made with high standard and much details. Some of my favorites are The lavender/Toscana suite, The Tower suite which has sound proof windows, garden suite and I also loved the pink suite and wood suite split over 2 levels. The comfort and eco rooms are very clean and well kept but are smaller and have less amenities than the suites but have a wonderful rustic/old tuscan style to them which makes them unique in that way!

My husband and I will visit I Tre Baroni again next year to celebrate our anniversary and can only recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a romantic getaway, an event or to celebrate a wedding. You will not regret your decision!

Room Tip: If you are not sure which room to choose, just ask Marta - she will recommend the best room for you :-)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple