All reviews pirate divers conception vibes shower wifi island
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

The positives: Jen was amazing. Extremely friendly and helpful. Good food and cold beer. She even arranged for us to make our own bbq on top of the hill- this was great.

The negatives: extremely uncomfortable bed. We expected a sea view and traveled for 3 days to get to this place, so u can imagine our upset. No comfy communal area to hang out, just a very hard bench in the kitchen. No hammock like in the pics. Our bin in the room was full on arrival and never emptied while we were there. The general feeling in the bathroom was not clean.

This all being said- it was extremely cheap so I don't know why we expected something great.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank thetravellingmrs
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here at the beginning of the rainy season (I don't understand why people don't like the rainy season, it's great, it doesn't rain for long and it cools things down). It's a nice peaceful place, good option if you dislike resorts (as I do). As described in other reviews, simple native huts with mosquito nets. Lovely sound of nature every morning, geckos and birds. Shower is cold (and nice) but water pressure isn't the best. Concepcion is a 45 min walk. I'd recommend bistro de Busuanga as a good cheap restaurant. Meals are available and delicious, though if you're a vegetarian choice is limited to vegetable curry and eggs on toast. As I was the only guest (quiet during rainy season) the excellent staff were great but also busy with maintenance so weren't always there to cook food so I went to Coron and got some which they kindly let me store in the fridge. They have their own boat and offer trips, I went on one and was lucky to have calambuyian island to myself (another reason to go in the rainy season). It's easy (though confusing) to get a bus here from Coron (50pesos) just got to the markets by the waterfront and you'll see a collection of buses, ask for Concepcion. It takes around an hour. To get back to Coron just wait on the side of the road and something will turn up. Air con vans will charge you 200 pesos (the locals pay 120, I didn't bother arguing) I was glad I chose this place, it was a nice refuge from the bustle, many thanks to Marc and Jene for their hospitality

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

I booked for a few days and stayed for a month.
Great place - friendly and affordable, easy to organise diving and island hopping directly and also easy access to nearby resorts and town.
The buffet meals are great and are cooked to order, most guests saying that it's the best food they've had in the Philippine.
Decent yeah ok

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed February 6, 2017

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here and couldn't have been happier. It was peaceful where as Coron Town would have been a much different feel. Luke is extremely helpful and gives you the answers you need and the information you want. As for the rooms - clean, electricity (except a few huts outside which were awesome to stay in too), a bug net, and an inviting common area. What more can you ask for?

P.S. Thanks Luke & Staff for finding my dive light!

Room tip: Get what you can!
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

We almost stayed one week in lukes hostel and were very happy. You live in the middle of nowhere,have a beautiful view over the sea and you've got everything you need: bed,electricity,running water,wifi,tasty food,beer and jungle juice! We had a place were we could feel at home and this is what i want to thank you for, luke!

Date of stay: December 2016