“Bleech”

Jolandas
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed February 18, 2015

We actually ate there twice. Yolanda and her husband were really nice, I would say over-worked. First time we got there after dark, we were the only ones there. My wife had a dried up hamburger. I am a vegetarian and tried the green curry. Nice to have rice and vegetables and not Mexican. A little too much like a failed dish I might make.
The biggest mistake was returning when they had lackluster band. We wanted some food and got in without a cover charge. Sat down and they said the kitchen was closed it was 9;00 pm or so. We complained they gave us a menu. Nothing actually looked good, but we were hungry. We ordered avocado shrimp- ocean delight. It was overcooked shrimp smothered with mayonnaise served on an avocado served lukewarm.
The menu is way too big. I suggest figuring out what she can do well and serve it consistently.
We will never go back with so many good restaurants in La Manzanilla.

Reviewed November 2, 2014

I had read some great reviews about this place before our trip down earlier this year. My husband and I dropped by one afternoon wanting a bite to eat and to check out the kayak rental situation.
The food we had was fine for sure but that's it. The poor server was running her *ss off while Jolanda sat their like a queen surveying her property. Every guest check was taken to her to add up and approve. she did nothing else. When I asked her about the kayaks I got some half hearted answer about them needing some repairs and maybe her husband might get to it next week. It's not always about the food, attitude goes a long way. we travel alot and spent 2 weeks in this lovely town...we never went back to her place.

1  Thank thejet
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Been living in Mexico for a few years and had the best breakfast! It came with homemade cinnamon toast and my husband had a dutch pancake filled with cheese and bacon. Went back that night for dinner. The special was sweet and sour pork with rice and salad....delish...I had fish poached in a mild chili poblano sauce. Great view, great Michelada's, and great advice on places to snorkel, etc. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Truly one of the west coasts hidden gems . A true beach front palapa restaurant. But do not let the palapa fool you this is no ordinary mexican fare. Yes a corona with lime is always at the bar but take your time to sit for a meal. From curried delights to asian cuisine to amazing chicken satay every dish a delight . Greg 150797 if you rate your restaurants on if they allow potato chips from the convenience store from across the street , maybe you need to stop reviewing restaurants!

1  Thank Shaun C
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My two friends and I stopped for some margaritas one afternoon and asked the server if we could order some snacks, such as chips or whatever. We had dinner planned and just needed a little something to nibble on while enjoying our drinks.
Our polite waiter apologized and explained that they didn't have such snacks available, only larger menu items. I decided to walk to the nearby store and purchase some chips, which I brought back to our beach location.
Most places in Mexico would allow this, especially given that we were all ordering 5-dollar margaritas.
Well it turns out Yolanda forbids outside food (which I understand and respect). Unfortunately, instead of politely explaining this policy to us she chose to berate us and suggested "they wouldn't allow that in your country".
She was right, however we were in Mexico, not "our country" and the practice of consuming snacks purchased from third party vendors is not uncommon. We weren't aware of her policy and would have gladly abided by it if she had politely explained it to us. Instead, she berated us.
We promptly downed our drinks, thanked and tipped our embarrassed waiter, assuring him he had done nothing wrong.
Yolanda's rude behaviour was uncalled for and as a result we would never return.
As we left I couldn't help but notice that we were really the only business she had, other than a couple of people reading their novels while sipping bottled water.
We have since made a habit of spending our money at the many "Mexican owned" restaurants in La Manzanilla, which is what we should have done from the start.
"Catos" restaurant is a short stroll away and is a wonderful locally owned business where the food is delicious and the owners are happy to see you.
Do yourself a favour and skip miserable "Yolandas"

3  Thank greg150797