“Great family vacation - Palladium is a great resort”

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The good
We had three families there from our area. My family thoroughly enjoyed our time there. This was our second time in Jamaica and our 8th year of Spring Breaks. We have stayed at other Palladium resorts as well as many others. This resort was well laid out and had a huge pool that we found to not be too crowded as many resorts are. I will admit that the resort was not at capacity. The beaches were not as nice as many we have been at, but the main beach with water sports was very nice. The food was better than some of the resorts we have been to. I can say that I always found plenty to eat that was very tasty. As always, there are dishes that I would not eat or did not like, but there was always good food to eat. The ala cart restaurant that we did go to was good. Bubbas was a nice surprise. The room was roomy enough for three of us (teenage son). Our group had five teenagers. There was plenty for them to do and the grounds were big enough for them to do their thing. Complex was a safe environment. We found the staff to be very accomodating and friendly. I saw some reports of unfriendly staff. We were there to have fun. They are there to work. Imagine going to work everyday where everyone you see is expecting to have the best vacation ever and you are working. Did we run across some staff that were not smiling? Sure. Did we attempt to make them smile? Yes. Did we succeed? Yes we did. I would never expect someone to be all smiles all the time when working. I have bad days just like everyone else. On this trip, I can honestly say that we experienced a very professional and personable staff. We had no issues and actually got to know many of the staff while there.

The bad
I saw others make mention of the beds and pillows. It is all true. Like sleeping on a rock! They have offers of softer pillows for a daily fee. It is beyond me why a large resort company like Palladium would provide such uncomfortable sleeping accommodations. I would suggest that they have the management sleep on the beds for a week! Our room was pretty warm. We talked to the other families with us and there rooms were mixed from warm to cold. We had one night that was very hot.

If you want to know a big secret, get ahold of Ashton Pitt (876)376-2174 for all your travel and site seeing tours. Ashton was the perfect tour guide and escort while we were out. He made all the arrangements and coordinated our groups movements. My hat is off to Ashton as he truly made our experience so much better while in Jamaica. You will not be sorry.

Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank Ted D
Write a ReviewReviews (7,083)

Reviewed 5 April 2012

When someone you are with gets hurt an you have to run half way across the resort for Ice since two machines are broken and no staff or management will help or cares --- pretty much says it all. Spend your money somewhere else this resort is in decline.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Worldtravelguy1010
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The only draw back on our vacation was due to the fact that I am lactose intolerant. The first 4 days of our vacation the food tended to be all cream sauces on the vegetables, cream cheese and milk pudding desserts. The beef was too pink, not overly done. The chicken was great but there was fragments of bone chopped into it. To most people the food would have been great. My stomach is too picky. I became sick for 2 -3 days and stayed in my room. All I wanted was a couple buns which were unavailable. Needless to say at that time they weren't available - so, what he brought me I couldn't eat.The last part of our trip was great. Roast turkey, roast pork, glazed ham, baked potatoes, buttered roasted potatoes and scalloped potatoes.
Miss Lou's was great for an afternoon tea or coffee with dessert.
Great, great salt water pool areas. The size of the largest pool makes up for the lack of walking the oceanfront.
ThIs resort is beautiful - lots of potential. If, you don't want to walk there is lots of transportation to motor you around. If, the sun is too hot for you or if it is raining, they have paths that are totally covered or walk the cobbled stone paths throughout the resort.
Sunny and shady places to sit and catch a breeze. Nice layout.

Our room in building "12" was great. If, the air conditioner isn't enough - use the ceiling fan with it. Nice large tub - full size shower with great pressure. Thank you " Hyacinth " for cleaning our room. Thumbs up !

The weather was unbelievable - not one humid day. Perfect.

I wish that we had have had time to relate with " Linroy " our groundskeeper for building "12 ". He was so kind to take the time to locate and to bring us a coconut to experience the flavor of. If, you see him please tell him that he was well appreciated by us.

Great spa experience. We had a couples massage. These girls have nice strong, firm hands. I wish I knew the girls names. March 29th @13:09 is on our bill.If, the resort manager is reading this please forward our comments to these girls.
Thumbs up to the entertainment crew.

Our bed was very uncomfortable. Hard pillows unless you want to pay $3.00 per day per pillow. Bed gave us back aches.

Our service to and from the airport was great.

Room Tip: We liked being on the third floor - better view , great breeze.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank lena59
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have been to other Palladium's and loved them.
When we came to the one in Jamaica, we joined the travel club for 5 weeks.
So we came back for our second time here because it is a Great place for a vacation.
The food is excellent. I am happy to be at the Buffet with its many excellent choices and don't need the a la carte.
There are three beaches. They are not open for you to take long long walks like other places.
One is adults only.....: ) !
The service is very friendly and everybody speaks english.
The rumours about Jamaicans being pushy does not hold true at this resort. They are very friendly.
I recommend that you give a tip once in a while though. They make 40-50 bucks a week.
The shows are pretty amazing. DON'T miss the dancing and steel drum band at the Infinity Bar on Thursday night. It was awesome!
If you become a member you will be happy to meet Ricardo at the member lounge bar.
Say 'Hi' from jeff. He likes Canadian Whisky. (GIBSON'S).

You will not be disappointed staying here. Lady Hamilton as well.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. It never hurts. Go for the 1 hr membership presentation. If you don't like i...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank jeffshabs
Reviewed 3 April 2012

If you had a bad time here you must have brought bad company! All the pools were amazing and the staff was polite and accomodating. This is not the resort for a die hard beach goer. Some of the beach was rocky but the one beach on the far north side of the resort was beautiful. The covered walkways were well maintained and made it comfortable to walk all over the resort even during the heat of the day. Latoya at the Sports bar made us a different cocktail every day. This is a great resort if you want to kick back and relax. Spa services seemed overpriced but don't they always? Lunch at the Posieden restaurant and the Jerk Hut was outstanding. Gents please pack a pair of long pants if you want to eat in the Specialty restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Fluffy187
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 10 and 14) stayed at the Grand Palladium Jamaica over spring break from March 10-23, 2012. I had read the reviews prior to booking but we had a great vacation and no problems at all. The resort is beautiful and the staff were hard working and friendly even though we did not alway tip them. Whenever we needed anything, they attended to us right away. The kids loved the activities and we have no complains about the food. At times we had to wait maybe 15 minutes to be seated at dinner at some of the restaurants but this was not a big deal as we would sit at the bar and get a drink and this could have been avoided if we had gone to dinner earlier rather than around 7:30. We met and talked to lots of other families and they all seemed to be having a good time. No problems with checking in and out. The first night we got there late due to our flight being late and someone else had been checked into our original room but we got another room right away and they upgraded us to a room with a ocean view the next day. Our room was only about 5 minutes away from the lobby and restaurants and we did not mind as you need the walk after eating and drinking so much there. We would love to return to the resort again want to thank the staff for working so hard.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank suki2012
Reviewed 31 March 2012

clean room, good food, nice staff, good bar service, very nice grounds. went there in jan. for wedding, all good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank macdx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
36.7 km away
34.5 km away
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!