“great!”

Magic Lime Cafe / Restaurant La VELA
Price range: US$11 - US$51
Reviewed September 11, 2016

nice place, good service. we have been there twice, once for luch- perfect pasta pomodoro! and for breakfast- perfect coffee and great desserts.

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here every day during our 2 weeks stay in Sicily. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. We only speak a little Italian and they were patient with us. We can't wait to come back again!

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

We visited after looking at reviews on TripAdvisor whilst staying in St Teresa di Riva. It was a Sunday lunchtime and wasn't very busy really.
The only waiter was very stern looking, never smiled, no eye contact and was obviously not feeling the love that day. He hardly spoke to us at all and as we were the only English people there, made no attempt to help us with the menu or make us feel welcome.
We ordered some pasta which was nothing special. My carbonara was undercooked and contained more scrambled egg than anything else!
When the waiter took our drinks order, I made the mistake of asking for 'burro' (butter) instead of 'birra' (beer)..and that's what he brought to the table..BUTTER!
Anyway, we found the place unfriendly and uncomfortable. I struggle to imagine where the great reviews come from, it was a very different experience for us I'm afraid.

Reviewed April 26, 2016

We made use of this restaurant whilst residing at Riviera Ionica. Very nice place, excellent to have a drink, and the food is delicious.

2  Thank Wayne T
Reviewed October 18, 2015

Tino and his family are without doubt the most friendly and welcoming hoteliers I have met in all my years of travelling. They always come out and greet you on arrival and check to ensure that everything is as expected during the meal - the slightest problem and they will fix it instantly, although the only problem we ever had was too much food!

My wife and I stayed in one of the apartments associated with the Magic Lime Café, so we had breakfast, lunch and dinner there at different times during our two week stay - we didn't always eat there, but several times we wished we had eaten there instead of other places.

They will always cook you something special so long as they have the ingredients, and they will buy the ingredients if you give them notice. They also have a very good selection of their own anyway - I love their version of the Cornish pasty, and their home made cakes and sweets are to die for - I defy anyone to stay on a diet whilst staying here!

Do not be mistaken - this is still a café in style, so don't expect cordon bleu cooking, but what they do is excellent and at a very good price.

1  Thank Stan L