“Lunch time treat”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2015

Popped in today for a solo lunch, a nice treat to have a meal with the view of sea right in front of me. As always when I come to Molly's, first class service from a young delightful staff. Within 20 minutes I was seated, had ordered and food was in front of me (keeping in mind I had waited 5 mins for a table as each was occupied at 2pm - speaks volumes for how popular a place it is). My nose buried in a book, no one interrupted me until I looked up again for coffee and cake after my panini (a pet hate of mine is being asked a zillion times if everything is ok with my meal)! A lovely 2 hours spent relaxing in a warm and friendly atmosphere of families around me.

2  Thank Katrina S

Reviewed July 24, 2015 via mobile

Before we had come all the way through the door we were told that they only served cake and coffee. Fine by us. Were asked to take a seat. Then our waiter started to flirt with the girl behind the bar. After waiting for a menu or a waiter for 25 minutes we left. Meanwhile a whole family left after standing in the entrance with noone acknowledging them for 5 minutes. The staff were not busy waiting tables, just occupied chatting amongst themselves.

3  Thank ESandnes
Reviewed July 19, 2015

We have walked past this place many times on our way to either the town centre or the harbour. However, due to the rain, we thought we would give it a try and were glad we did. The young staff were great and very helpful, the place was full with only one table left. However, before our meal came another table became vacant and they asked us if we would like to move to it. My wife had a starter portion of gammon and eggs and it was delicious and as usual too much for her; a doggie bag was given without problem. I had the Cullen Skink and a nice panini, both were delicious.

The staff were great, the view is fantastic and the food was excellent at lunch time.

Thank you.

3  Thank DOVTRAMS1
Reviewed July 14, 2015

I believe the restaurant is now called Molly's grill, it does not look much from outside but is very nice inside. We tried to make a reservation elsewhere in Stonehaven on a Saturday night without success. However, we were pleasantly surprised with Molly's Grill the food was very good, apparently it was a new chef and the presentation was excellent.

2  Thank William G
Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

So we visited for what we thought would be just a coffee and a drink, but feeling peckish we looked at the menu and we're pleasantly surprised by the choice and variety of dishes including very inventive specials and salads. I had the Melon, Olive and Brie salad which was excellent and the wild mushroom gratin with brioche which was also amazing. The food was fresh and quick despite the number of people in there. Staff were attentive, friendly and service was superb. Top Marks for a small but busy cafe offering more than usual. Overall cost was on the side of good value. We left a tip which is a rarity for us. Superb.

3  Thank TheOliveBranchUK