“LOVE THE FREE BIRTHDAY CAKE/TEA OFFER!”

Kirktown Garden Centre Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 43 Restaurants in Stonehaven
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Kirktown Garden Centre we aim to take full advantage of this beautiful part of the world we live and work in by celebrating the local. Restaurant: We use local suppliers and even use our own reared Aberdeen Angus where possible. We offer a ever changing menu that has traditional Scottish favorites, homemade soups and sandwiches & great options for kids. On top of this we have a great selections of fresh homemade cakes. Food Shop: Bring the local home with you. We sell our own veg and an extensive selection of our Aberdeen Angus cuts. We also have a wide range of products from other great local producers. Garden Centre: And of course, we are still a garden centre. With a large range of plants and a great team of experts to help you.
Reviewed September 12, 2015

Customers with a garden centre loyalty card receive various offers, including tea/coffee and cake for two people when it is your birthday. A welcome pressie, plus when we go for our free treat Kirktown benefits too, as I always buy things!

It was a dreich day outside, so even more reason to visit. We shared a pot of tea for two, (with accompanying hot water to top it up), and my husband chose the Bakewell Slice - a large piece, and lovely and moist, and I opted for the Cracknel Slice Traybake. It was delicious too.

I really love that they offer such a birthday treat - much appreciated, and is excellent for customer relations too!!

Date of visit: September 2015
2  Thank Larsonsmummy

Reviewed September 2, 2015

Wonderful staff, chef, variety and quality of food. Be it morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea or just a snack at anytime, it is always enjoyable. Very reasonably priced.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank hoteldocStoney
Reviewed August 1, 2015 via mobile

Lovely restaurant with a good selection of meals and snacks including a specials board. We had Cullen Skink which was as good as I've ever had, baked potato with coronation chicken, and a panini with ham, 2 diet cokes and a cappuccino came to £20.75 which was good value. Friendly service and a clean table. Will return.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank Speckymac
Reviewed July 21, 2015

Food offered was great re selection , waitress was fine and service was decent at time.
Basic needs when I was a worker re public meant that customer always comes first.
Literally could not believe the lassie at till. We were wanting OUT and into shopping area but she was so engrossed in her own chat with an obvious friend that she turned her back to us and held a protracted conversation regardless of her paid duties. I was raging but being with my daughter who would never had allowed her parent to conduct a wash house argument with a rubbish member of staff , I left boiling mad at leaving what I felt, unspoken.
Yes we all make mistakes and I would not recognise that female assistant again,considering she turned herself around so as not to even look at us

Date of visit: August 2014
3  Thank sylviahannah
Reviewed July 20, 2015 via mobile

Before I start id like to say the staff are lovely and very helpful.
The food today for me was very disappointing. I ordered a baked potato with prawns.
The baked potato was very dry and no option to have with butter. My prawns were even dry. I expect a well made Marie Rose sauce to go with my prawns in this case it was just coating them. I really find it so difficult to understand why any professional chef would be happy to serve this as I could not serve this quality at home . The dish was overpriced for what you were getting by about £3.50. My son had the macaroni cheese which he enjoyed but I found it to be quite bland. Two of my friends also had the prawn baked potato and they agreed . The coleslaw could also be a lot tastier as it has a hint of the cheap vinegar taste found in poor coleslaw. It would be easy enough to to make a good quality tasty coleslaw. Side salad was very nice with a pleasant vinaigrette The mint slice my son had was very good.

Date of visit: July 2015