“Family Dinner Mbarara”
Review of Shaheen Restaurant

Shaheen Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Mbarara
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

While in Mbarara for the Motorsports Rally,went for dinner to this establishment right in the centre of town.Had gotten its location on TripAdvisor and called and were promptly guided.Restaurant has a secure parking area behind the building but no clear signs.The owners are simply wonderful.We were guided through the menu by the equally friendly staff and ordered our meals.The meals did take some time to come but all were delicious.The Chicken 65,Butter Chicken,Chicken Biryani and the rotis were all well prepared and served fresh.We realized that all the food is prepared fresh,nothing precooked or frozen,thus the time taken in preparation.
Lovely food,lovely people. Thanks

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed October 12, 2016

We came here on our way to Kigali and had dinner one evening. I ordered chicken 65 (wet), my boyfriend had chicken tikka as well as matoke, garlic naan and rice with beans. It was delicious! By far the most delicious Indian food I've had in Uganda. It has a great view of the city from their rooftop patio and a pool table along with other games inside. The bathroom was disgusting (they only had a men's room available) but other than that, I would definitely visit again.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Danielle J
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

Food took longer than expected, over an hour to be brought and when it was brought, It wasn't what I had ordered! The owner/manager didn't seem too fazed as he blatantly had his dinner in front of me as I waited! 1 star. Don't go if you have something to do later on.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

Its the best place to hangout with quality food and services.The food and services are very good.You can enjoy the view from the restaurant and enjoy the climate when its raining.

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Being here for a quick lunch. Limited choice as it is not a busy place during lunch (no idea about dinner time)

The food during lunch is made against order and take sometime but the food was very good.

My colleagues ordered for some local food and that was good too.

The best part was good Brown Flour Chapati