“So so”

Bobcaygeon Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bobcaygeon
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

An old inn with lots of potential. We only ate here on the patio and we had mixed reviews. We had heard the wings were the best in Kawartha. They were the biggest and they were good but there was a very limited choice as to what type of wings you could have. Patio and inn could use some updating and they close early. Great view right on the water though

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This Inn is superbly situated. The food in the restaurant was reasonable. But, it is really aged and in need of a major renovation. Everything was in a tired state including staff. Wonderful views out of the room; but, it needed refreshing and a good spraying to kill off in-room insects. Possibly difficult given the age and state of the carpets.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in room 9. Clean but very basic. The AC needs repair very noisy. The back entrance is a construction
zone and the lighting is poor. Overall, the Inn needs updating. Close to the main attractions.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017

This is an old comfortable establishment, not like a downtown Toronto hotel in any respect. Maybe a big dated as others have said. There were only two electrical outlets in our room (none in the bathroom) and the internet was very spotty, but gosh, this is cottage country and the Inn more than met our expectations. There is a lovely bar where you can sit by the canal and watch the boats go by. They have karaoke on a Saturday night. The place is very central. We left our car in the lot for the duration of our four day visit, easily walking around the town, enjoying the pubs and restaurants and the ambience of this lovely village. There is a daily make of bed and fresh towels and more coffee in the room if you ask. Partner says she never smelt fresher towels. The room came with small fridge and microwave; the former especially useful! There is an air conditioner in the window; ours didn't function well and was noisy, but it was not warm during our visit so this deficiency didn't matter.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Waterview room was a little tired, but fairly clean with jacuzzi tub. Reservation manager was helpful with room changes prior to arrival.
First night was very noisy, people visiting other rooms until the wee hours. No security on front door, no hotel staff present, other than restaurant and bar where we picked up our key. Wifi info was not available. Second night was very noisy with a domestic dispute. With no one around, we debated calling the police. Not recommended.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2016

We were there for a wedding, the room we stayed in was great, huge bathroom.
The AC was a little weak, and the fireplace looked beautiful. We were there in September. It also happened to be the weekend of the "Tragically Hip" last concert in Kingston, but was broadcast in Bobcaygeon, where the stars come out one at a time! The star was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank debg612015
Reviewed 14 September 2016

When in town I have been staying at The Bobcaygeon Inn for over 20 years, through ownership changes/updates, and NEVER have I had as horrible a visit as this last stay. Previously my favourite rooms were always #4 or #5 as they have lovely views of the river and while a bit dated, generally decent rooms. This visit I was in #6 and was completely disgusted. It faces the main street (noisy) and none of the windows can be opened leaving the room with a stale, musty smell. As it was summer and quite hot out I had to use the wall 'air conditioner' unit, which is a term, I use loosely. It rattled constantly and sounded like a jet airplane was in the room, which made it very difficult to sleep or even to watch television, as the sound was brutal. I tried the Jacuzzi tub, which was pleasant enough yet not all the jets worked and it too was very noisy. Few amenities in the room and the worn towels had been heavily bleached leaving them quite rough. When I was ready to go to bed I started to pull the covers back and remove the 'decor' pillows only to find 3 small little black cylinder type shapes on one of the main sleeping pillows. Upon closer examination I could see very clearly that it was MOUSE POO!!!!!! No question about it whatsoever as I've seen it before and knew exactly what I was seeing. Unfortunately it was quite late and there was no one around to complain to. I did not get one minute of decent sleep as I had one eye open the entire night expecting a mouse to run across me at any moment and of course I did not use any of the pillows. The next morning I had to leave by 8:30 yet there was no one around to speak with about this incident. It's a shame the current owners have let the Inn come to this state because the location is fantastic, they've got a great waterfront patio and the wait/bar staff are pretty good in service and friendliness. The food was a little inconsistent compared to what I'd had experienced in the past and I'm sorry to see what has become of this once beautiful, highly respected Inn. I will not stay there again after this last visit.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank LDTZone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bobcaygeon
27.2 km away
Knights Inn Lindsay
#5 of 6 in Lindsay
5.3 km away
Eganridge Resort, Country Club & Spa

Been to Bobcaygeon Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!