All reviews kate rain warmth backpackers island accommodation hosts lodge
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

As a tramper it was a great hub. Comfy rooms, great common areas, great hosts. Nearby Sports Club has good food and yoga!
easy walk to hot springs and not-so-easy hike to Mt Heale hut. Both worth it. Big Pucu(?)Cafe nearby is great, too. Easy to hitch anywhere.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank 2weety2
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I stayed one night before my first tramp. This was the winter and I was the only person staying. There was a private room. I was in a room with 5 beds. This is basically for backpackers or couples (in the private room). The owners are an amazing couple who made me feel at home. Great to speak with. They offered dinner and anything else I wanted. When I needed help, at the end of my tramp, 3 days after I'd stayed at the lodge, they were quick to help saving me an hour standing in the rain! I recommend this lodge highly.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2016

We stayed there for three nights on Easter weekend. This is the best location to stay on Great Barrier Island. Very central and close to the airport, shops, café, Thai restaurant, chemist, sport club and golf club. Everything you need it's there. Bruce and Kate are great hosts and you feel like you are part of the family. Bruce also gave us a lift to the airport, which was very handy, as we couldn't get a rental vehicle.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Aklu
Reviewed January 13, 2016

Bruce and wife jolly couple...just great to talk to and very helpfull.cheap ,clean,awesome.
Great barrier island is in tthe end of the world but the best paradice ever....
Just a minuite walking you find the best thai cuisine ever...no joke...best ever...i wow on that....oh its heavenly food...all in all great holiday destination

Room Tip: Stay in bunk..its cheap
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2015

We had a wonderfull stay at crossroadlodge. They we're very welcoming and invited us for diner. The second day they introduced us to their son and his girlfriend. They took us out on their boat to go nightfishing nearby. Was one of our most special experiences during our trip trough New Zealand.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple