All reviews bruce rain warmth island hosts lodge
Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

Kate and Bruce thank you so much for treating us like a family!! We had amazing stay, such an unforgettable trip on this beautiful island :) fully recommend out of season to everyone looking for some piece and quiet , beautiful nature and tightly knit community feel
Nada

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Crossroads is situated in a handy spot roughly in the middle of the island, and perfect if you have a car to get around the island. Kate and Bruce are excellent hosts, always up for a chat, give recommendations, or pass on cooking tips for fish!

The accommodation is fairly basic backpacker style, sufficient especially if on a budget. Note that prices on the island are generally a touch higher than on the mainland/other tourist islands due to its remote location.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

As a tramper it was a great hub. Comfy rooms, great common areas, great hosts. Nearby Sports Club has good food and yoga!
easy walk to hot springs and not-so-easy hike to Mt Heale hut. Both worth it. Big Pucu(?)Cafe nearby is great, too. Easy to hitch anywhere.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 2weety2
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I stayed one night before my first tramp. This was the winter and I was the only person staying. There was a private room. I was in a room with 5 beds. This is basically for backpackers or couples (in the private room). The owners are an amazing couple who made me feel at home. Great to speak with. They offered dinner and anything else I wanted. When I needed help, at the end of my tramp, 3 days after I'd stayed at the lodge, they were quick to help saving me an hour standing in the rain! I recommend this lodge highly.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2016

We stayed there for three nights on Easter weekend. This is the best location to stay on Great Barrier Island. Very central and close to the airport, shops, café, Thai restaurant, chemist, sport club and golf club. Everything you need it's there. Bruce and Kate are great hosts and you feel like you are part of the family. Bruce also gave us a lift to the airport, which was very handy, as we couldn't get a rental vehicle.

Room tip: Any room is good.
Date of stay: March 2016