“Basic but good service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colca Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chivay
Colca Inn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Chivay B&B and Inns
Arequipa
“Basic but good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I was there once .. in a school trip . The service was really good , the rooms very clean . we did not have any problems. The good point that is well located
As it is usual the freeze nights in Chivay are part of every hotel in the area. and we already know that most of the hotels charge an addittional for the heating, so we din0t have problems getting it.

About bfast all was really good.

A really basic service but i don't have complains.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

As I read some of the other reviews, I can't believe someone would call this place "cute" or "great value." Without exaggeration, this is a horrible hotel.

I unfortunately was given this hotel as park of a tour package by Colonial Tours. I paid an extra 40 soles to stay here, what a rip off!

The hotel is really a hostel. The hotel was constructed and decorated in the worst of 70's fashions. The hotel faces a public park, with plenty of neighborhood let in by the thin window panes. In addition to noise from outside, there is plenty of noise from "inside" the hotel that will permeate your nights rest. My friend's room had no working phone. Heaters are not standard, I was asked to pay 15 soles extra for one. The staff consists of one person as far as I can tell. There really isn't any service at all.

I will concede that the hotel had hot water in the faucet and shower (something that is not always the case in Peru). Bedsheets appeared to be clean.

I will not ever stay in this hotel nor recommend to anyone (even those on tight budgets). Staying here truly was a depressing event in my vacation.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Chivay hotels

Williamstown, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

My daughter and I stayed here one night, which was part of a tour package. The room is really basic with a neater--an important feature in the cold nights. The beds were comfortable. The plumbing leaves something to be desired--be very careful in the shower that you don't get scalded by the hot. The staff is really unhelpful and seems a little disorganized. There is supposed to be internet, but we were not able to connect and no one we spoke with could either.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Washboardmary
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

This was the only accommodation that I hadn't booked before we left home as it came with our Colca tour that we booked while in Arequipa. After a long days travelling from Arequipa, at altitude and increasingly cold conditions we arrived at the Colca Inn. The guys at the desk clearly hadn't got a clue what was going on and there was a long discussion about double or twin rooms - by this point I really didn't mind which we had, but we were finally shown to our room which seemed cozy and had a very small but clean ensuite bathroom. At first glance the room seemed ok, but then we realised how freezing it was in there. I went down to reception to ask for a heater and was told that because we had not requested it when we booked [wouldn't have occured to me to specify that!] then they would have to charge us extra...basically the equivalent of another night's stay at th hotel! We decided that we weren't paying that and that we'd manage, but had a very cold night. We visited the hot springs in the afternoon but it was raining when we came out so when we got back to the Inn we were both so cold. I couldn't face trying the shower in case that was cold too! At dinner [out of the hotel] our fellow travellers said they'd had lovely hot showers so the next morning I had a go...and had to endure a FREEZING shower in order to wash my hair. Breakfast was the usual standard fare. The ONLY good thing about this hotel was the beautiful sunrise we saw from our room in the morning. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,430 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

This hotel is basic but clean, the breakfast is sufficient and we paid 50 soles. The only problem is that initially the recepcionist tried to charge 100 Soles, and then only lowered the price when we told him we had seen the price listed in the internet at 50! (actually we saw at 44 but whatever), just be careful about this kinf of swindle and if you are traveling on a budget but still want a privado, then this is your place in chivay!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HelenaGuerra
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

If you have a few hours to rest and want so save some money, the Colca Inn is for you. Basic hotel with individual bathrooms, clean and basic bfast. We arrived at 7pm in Chivay and left at 6am for Cruz del Condor. Ate dinner outside the hotel. Basically, we spent 6-7 hours in the hotel. This is a 2 star hotel with basic amenities,

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

My wife and I were booked into the Colca Inn as part of our Colca Canyon tour from Arequipa and were pleasantly surprised with the place when we arrived. As accomodations go in Chivay this is probably one of the nicer ones close to the main square. Our room, which included a bathroom, was simple but clean and super cute. It got quite cold at night in Chivay but we were more than fine with the heavy blankets provided. The front desk changed our large Soles into smaller denominations for us which was very helpful. Breakfast was included and it was the standard Peruvian breakfast of Bread, Jam, Tea, and Juice. All in all for what we paid I think this we got a great deal and the Colca Inn is a real gem in the town of Chivay. I would definately stay here again and reccomend it to anyone travelling through Chivay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chivay
222.2 km away
0.5 km away
Kollawas Home Inn
Kollawas Home Inn
#1 of 8 in Chivay

Been to Colca Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!