“Disappointed ”
Review of Health Freak Cafe

Health Freak Cafe
Ranked #201 of 389 Restaurants in Joondalup
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The name and enticing ‘health-orientated’ menu was what drew me in, however my raw vegan pad Thai was tasteless, boring and didn’t taste as fresh as I was expecting for ‘raw’ and vegan. Very disappointed.
Sitting outside in the shade was the highlight on a beautiful Autumn day instead of being stuck inside.

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

From a very large menu, food is very average. Nachos were plain and guacamole tasteless. Sweet potato chips were soggy and clearly the oil it was fried in wasn't changed.

However the superstar of this place is it's Acai bowls. Acai is perfectly made, with smooth, and thick texture. Sweet tasting with plenty of great toppings to choose from.

Only downfall is the size. There is only one size for the bowls, and they are very small.

This place is great for vegans, vegetarians, gluten free, sugar free or dieting people in general. Average tasting food but best Acai in the area

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Visited here today with my wife and my daughter who is vegan.
Restaurant was pretty full around 1pm but we were about to get a table upon walking in.
Quite a large menu featuring breakfast , lunch and dinner choices and mainly all good things for you.
A good feature of the menu was the nutritional info for each dish and whether it was vegan , paleo , vegetable etc etc.
I went for the Thai beef salad , the daughter the vegan pad Thai and finally my wife chose a burger.
I was surprised, my beef salad was delicious coming in a large bowl and was very tasty finished with a lovely dressing.
My daughters pad Thai was even bigger and couldn’t be finished but they put the rest in a takeaway container for her.
My wife’s burger was served in a lettuce leaf with 2 beef patties as the bun , the beef was fantastic.
Daughter also had a snickers ice cream for desert which she loved.
With drinks our bill came to just over $70 , I was happy with this and even more so with the staff...young but very friendly and pleasant.
A most enjoyable lunch !

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Came in this morning for a snack before some last minute Christmas shopping at Lakeside Shopping Centre. Located close to the railway exit and main entrance to the shopping centre.

Bright open restaurant with inside and outside dining options.Staff are friendly and helpful.

Enjoyed fruit toast with jam and a cappuccino - the toast was just right - not too thick..

Might come back again - lots of healthy food options on the menu.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Friendly service. Drinks lovely. Food dreadful.
We ordered 2 serves of coconut waffles. Neither myself or my daughter could eat them. Bone dry and left a nasty after taste so left the lot.
Grandaughter's had the kids pancakes again far too dry, barely any syrup and tasted awful. They ate the 4 slices of banana and strawberry.
Big breakfast was enjoyed by 5th person. $75 down the drain.