See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here quite recently to attend a wedding which was nearby. After the positive reviews it sounded great. For the cost of the room I expected a lot more. Too me the room seemed a bit dated and not what I was expecting. The breakfast the next day was cold and probably should have mentioned this at the time but didnt like to complain. Overall felt for what we payed it was very expensive for what we got.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David R
Carolyn A, Owner at Griesemount House, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Woops!! I was sad to get your review as our guests and their comfort is of prime importance to us.
I am sincerely sorry for serving you a cold breakfast, as you just said now ...."you didn't like to complain", well I'd rather you had as then I could have done something about it! Please again accept my apoligy.
Luckily most people love our house but it is a bit old! We are looking forward to celebrating its 200 birthday in three years time!
Kind Regards Carolyn.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Loved this place.
I would describe it as quirky, but that wouldn't do it justice. It is a charming old house in a beautiful setting. The owners are so friendly and welcoming that you immediately relax and feel at home.
The rooms are nice and clean, the views are great and the beds are comfy. What more could you want!
Well actually, you could want a delicious breakfast. And you get one!
We were at a wedding in Rathsallagh and stayed here - would definitely recommend it if you're looking for somewhere to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend flew home for a wedding in February just gone. We got our wedding invitations very late so there were no rooms left in the wedding venue and very few available in the local area.
I had phoned a number of places and was seriously worried about having to taxi back to Dublin until I spoke with Mrs. Ashe. She was so helpful and accommodating. She had no rooms available but was prepared to put us up in the family quarters to help us out since we were flying home for just the two days.

The house itself is full of character and sits on a hill providing a stunning view. Great country location to get away from the big towns and chaos.
Our only complaint was not staying for longer. We didn’t get to enjoy the house and surrounding area for what it has to offer.

We couldn’t ask for better service, from informative emails to checking in/out. The master room became available last minute and we jumped at it.
It was like staying at a family members house. No pressure, or stress. Delicious breakfast and a very warm feel to our stay.

The highlight of my stay was coming back at 4am on a cold cold night to a very comfy bed with an electric blanket! It was amazing and a lovely unexpected touch. Getting out of bed was a serious challenge and honestly not because of booze! It was so warm and cosy.

I would certainly recommend staying here, and hope you get to meet Mrs. Ashe and her lovely family. Thank you for making our very short stay so memorable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tash_bda
Carolyn A, Owner at Griesemount House, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for a great review and so glad that we were able to have the Master bedroom....especially as you had travelled so far from Bermuda...that btw is where my Grandmother met my Grandfather!!
Hope we meet again, so enjoyed your company! love to you and Chris from both Robert and I.
Carolyn

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were so delighted that we chose Griesemount House as our accommodation after attending a wedding closeby. We stayed in the large bedroom with four poster bed and large ensuite. The views, the decor, the ambiance, the warm, personal service, were all really wonderful! There was so much to see in the house, every ornament, painting, rug had a story to tell. We loved hearing about the history of Griesemount house and could have spent hours talking with such interesting hosts - Carolyn and Robert.

The breakfast made by Carolyn was fantastic - not just the food but the attention to detail in how the table was laid and the cutlery/crockery used to dress it. Thank you to Robert for the home grown, freshly picked green beans, they were delicious with dinner the following day! We both felt so relaxed after our stay at Griesemount - more than we think we would have if we had stayed in a hotel. Our only regret was not being able to spend more time there! Stephanie & Steve

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Carolyn A, Owner at Griesemount House, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Gosh, what a wonderful review and lovely for us that you noticed all the "little extra's". I think that Table Setting is all part of getting breakfast and if one is lucky enough to have nice things than it's fun to use them rather than leaving them in a cupboard somewhere!
Yes, this house is steeped in history and somehow you can tell that it's always been deeply loved.
I shall tell Robert you enjoyed his "beans!" He loves the joy of picking them and It's the first thing he does the moment he gets in from work. They were especially good this year with all the warm weather and went on for ages, hence you were able to have some in October!
Please come again, we loved having you. Carolyn and Robert

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This house is in a time zone so far from today's fast world. We love old houses with steeped history and this big old house has plenty real history. This is an experience we can cherish in our fond memories. We attended a wedding in Rathsallagh House (15 mins by car once you know the way) but stayed in Griesemount as the hotel was fully booked out. Carolyn had our room turn down prepared for us on our return at mid-night and it was so lovely to come back home into the warm cosy and quiet environment of the our unique guest bedroom. We even had books available to read as we had forgot to bring our own. To find the house, talk with Carolyn in advance to get accurate guidance and understanding of the location. It is easy once you have found it but as in the countryside of Ireland, little historic gems such as this are off the beaten track. Allow extra drive time to find and we recommend check-in during daylight hours. Irish breakfast was just fabulous and set us up for the day ahead. A home from home!
Many thanks to Carolyn & Robert

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John O
Carolyn A, Owner at Griesemount House, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you very much for writing your review of Griesemount and loved what you had to say about our house, so lovely for us when guests appreciate it.
You are right, it's much easier to get to Griesemount when it's light, especially if you are unfamliar with the local roads and I'm sorry you had trouble. I always give our guests emailed,detailed directions and suggest they get here to collect their key early before going to Rathsallagh...which is..or should be...less that 10mins away!!
Thank you for all the comments about getting back and the books. As you probably noticed the house is coming down with them!! Nice too be cosy and warm when you come in late from a party.
Hoping we meet again, Kind Regards Robert and Carolyn