See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 18, 2014

Owner is lovely and extremely friendly. It is a great old house full of character. Unfortunately the bedroom we stayed in was old and tatty rather than old and full of charm. The room could have done with a good cleaning. Very expensive for what the service provided.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank 178gerry
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We relaxed and felt at home as soon as we arrived in this beautiful house, full of charm and quirkiness. Carolyn and Robert invited us out to a neighbour's private church to hear Readings from the ex-Archbishop of Dublin - this was a unique occasion meeting the Ashe's friends and neighbours and we felt very lucky to be there. Our meals were marvellous both dinner and breakfasts. The house was exciting full of treasures from many parts of the world and told of us their fascinating family history. We will return to Griesemount and look forward to our next adventure into other parts of County Kildare and the nearby Wicklow Mountains - so much to see on your doorstep and only an hour from Dublin. Most highly recommended!

Room tip: The bedroom with the view of the ruined mill that looks like a castle - beautiful!
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here quite recently to attend a wedding which was nearby. After the positive reviews it sounded great. For the cost of the room I expected a lot more. Too me the room seemed a bit dated and not what I was expecting. The breakfast the next day was cold and probably should have mentioned this at the time but didnt like to complain. Overall felt for what we payed it was very expensive for what we got.

Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank David R
Carolyn A, Owner at Griesemount House, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Woops!! I was sad to get your review as our guests and their comfort is of prime importance to us.
I am sincerely sorry for serving you a cold breakfast, as you just said now ...."you didn't like to complain", well I'd rather you had as then I could have done something about it! Please again accept my apoligy.
Luckily most people love our house but it is a bit old! We are looking forward to celebrating its 200 birthday in three years time!
Kind Regards Carolyn.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Loved this place.
I would describe it as quirky, but that wouldn't do it justice. It is a charming old house in a beautiful setting. The owners are so friendly and welcoming that you immediately relax and feel at home.
The rooms are nice and clean, the views are great and the beds are comfy. What more could you want!
Well actually, you could want a delicious breakfast. And you get one!
We were at a wedding in Rathsallagh and stayed here - would definitely recommend it if you're looking for somewhere to stay.

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend flew home for a wedding in February just gone. We got our wedding invitations very late so there were no rooms left in the wedding venue and very few available in the local area.
I had phoned a number of places and was seriously worried about having to taxi back to Dublin until I spoke with Mrs. Ashe. She was so helpful and accommodating. She had no rooms available but was prepared to put us up in the family quarters to help us out since we were flying home for just the two days.

The house itself is full of character and sits on a hill providing a stunning view. Great country location to get away from the big towns and chaos.
Our only complaint was not staying for longer. We didn’t get to enjoy the house and surrounding area for what it has to offer.

We couldn’t ask for better service, from informative emails to checking in/out. The master room became available last minute and we jumped at it.
It was like staying at a family members house. No pressure, or stress. Delicious breakfast and a very warm feel to our stay.

The highlight of my stay was coming back at 4am on a cold cold night to a very comfy bed with an electric blanket! It was amazing and a lovely unexpected touch. Getting out of bed was a serious challenge and honestly not because of booze! It was so warm and cosy.

I would certainly recommend staying here, and hope you get to meet Mrs. Ashe and her lovely family. Thank you for making our very short stay so memorable.

Date of stay: February 2014
1  Thank Tash_bda
Carolyn A, Owner at Griesemount House, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for a great review and so glad that we were able to have the Master bedroom....especially as you had travelled so far from Bermuda...that btw is where my Grandmother met my Grandfather!!
Hope we meet again, so enjoyed your company! love to you and Chris from both Robert and I.
Carolyn