1,255 results
All reviews leisure facilities evening meal bit dated trouser press twin room groupon deal waiting staff couldn't fault tea and coffee plenty of parking full english gym wedding motorway halifax hairdryer yorkshire
Reviewed June 6, 2018

Conveniently located just off J24 of the M62 this hotel is right on the edge of Huddersfield and within easy reach of many local towns and attractions. The hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff are cheerful and very obliging and really make you feel it is a pleasure to serve you. The restaurant sadly closes at 6pm but there is an option to order food via room service but have it delivered to the bar. A sufficient, if not wide ranging choice of food is available and there are limited options of other restaurants close by.

One thing not mentioned on the hotel website is the pool, which is not large, but I wish I'd known about it before I went. Air-con would have been a welcome addition when I visited but I guess there are not many humid days in Yorkshire.

Room Tip: No ground floor rooms and best views are from South facing rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Our choir needed somewhere to stay in the area, and this hotel was ideal. Spacious rooms, very friendly accommodating staff, good buffet breakfast. All we could ask for. No AC, so rooms can get warm in summer, but clean and everything there.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2018

I'd read some horror stories on here but couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about. My wife and I stayed on a Groupon deal of 3 nights, with a 3-course meal on the first night..
We were also happy to find that they took Tastecard, so our second night meal was half price!
We stayed in Room 341...decent size and with great facilities. The leisure centre was a little on the small side, with a very oddly shaped steam room, but, everything worked as it should, and it all helped towards a relaxing stay.
The young chap on reception was very helpful and informative. The waitresses were uniformly pleasant and cheery, and seemingly couldn't do enough to help.
The breakfasts were buffet-style, but everything was fresh, and the evening meals were excellent, although the menu was a tad limited.
Overall, a relaxing stay in a pleasant and well-run hotel.
ONE THING TO BE AWARE OF!!!
The hotel's car park is administered by Parking Eye and you are well advised to follow their procedures carefully. I've had problems with this bunch before in Lancashire and they will try to charge you ludicrous amounts for any infraction. You have been warned!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigraz69
Reviewed May 31, 2018

Beautiful view, excellent parking, lovely inside, friendly helpful staff, lovely meal. We all enjoyed a lovely afternoon at the hotel, having a meal and then a chat and catch up with tea/coffee and biscuits. Excellent facilities, disabled friendly and food was as I have already said lovely. The service we received was not hindered by the wedding that was going on at the same time. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shirlee K
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself isn't that bad, needs a bit of an update in certain areas but in the most it is lovely.
The food from the restaurant and the breakfast is really top notch.
Its a shame the staff let the place down.
The waitress never cracked 1 smile as she was serving us and as for the early front of house staff, well the reception lad called Benjamin couldn't do enough for us and needs a pay raise but his boss just sat on his bottom dictating while there was dirty glasses and plates everywhere that it is his job to get cleared up. If I was his boss I'd of sacked him if I walked in and saw that.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple