“Tex Mex”

Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed January 24, 2017

We have dined at at least six outlets of Lone Star Restaurants. Love the freshly made nachos with fresh salsa for a free appy. Always need more salsa. They without a doubt make the best fajitas, fresh, sizzling and tasty. Never can go wrong with the Corona Margarita too, one of our faves.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

Hi dotanddean,
Thank you for reviewing Lone Star, we appreciate your feedback.
We are glad you enjoyed your time with us!
Looking forward to see you again soon for another Corona Margarita :)

Reviewed November 25, 2016

Terrible service and food. Sorry, never, ever write a review but tonight was awful. Booked a table for six pm, got the table at seven pm. Took until 8:30 to bring food. One and a half hours to serve us is unacceptable. My food was disgusting. The manager comped it, but it was so bad I couldn't even finish half of it. Believe me, I'm pretty easy going at restaurants, but after this experience I will never, ever go there again. Never!!!!
Are you kidding me Newmarket, you need better restaurants, better service, better food. Your houses cost $900,000, why are you accepting $2.00 food?????

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2016

Hi Kathy,
Thank you for your feedback.
My apologies that you had a unsatisfactory experience, starting with seating your party.
The manager would like to reach out to you. If you would like to be contacted, please email tequila@lstg.ca the best way to contact you.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

Celebrating a birthday party and there were 14 people at our table. We had a variety of dishes and everyone seemed happy with their meals. The service was simply outstanding. We had to wait quite a while for our table, but once we got seated, they were very quick making up for the wait. They even brought nachos out to the waiting area for us to nibble on while we waited. I'm sorry I didn't get the name of our waiter, he was amazing.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

Hi Nancy,
Thank you for reviewing Lone Star, we appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback!
We are glad you had a great time!

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Normally, we love going to Lone Star, the food is always yummy. Tonight, however, the service was not the warmest and speediest. My mother and I finished the complimentary nachos and salsa before the server came by to take our order. When we placed our order she was rude and snippy. When my mom ordered her steak and asked for the baked potato our server was rude and impatient while my mom had to decide what other side to have. Still love Lone Star, not a fan of the service as of late.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Hi 56crystair,
Thank you for reviewing Lone Star, we appreciate your feedback.
My apologies for the lack of service you received.
The manager would like to reach out to you. If you would like to be contacted, please email tequila@lstg.ca your information.
Regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here many times. The food is actually quite good - which is the only reason I keep coming back. Much like the other reviews mention, service is beyond slow. I mean really really bad. On a few occasions we have waited well over an hour for our food. Today was no exception. 2 hours total for us to have lunch. Waiter got three of our four orders wrong. Charged us wrong on the bill too. Waiter went to correct the bill and made it even more erronious. Said he would need a managers approval to fix it. At this point the kids were tired so I paid the bill and took the $ loss just so we could leave. I wish this had of been the first time the wait/order/bill was a problem. It wasn't. I have complained to management on 3 occasions over the last couple of years and have even received gift cards from the manger with the promise that the next visit will be better - but it never is. I'm finally done Lone Star. We won't be back.

Hi Whataboutbob79,
Thank you for reviewing Lone Star, we appreciate your feedback. My apologies that you had an unsatisfactory experience. The general manager would like to reach out to you. If you would like to be contacted, please email tequila@lstg.ca your contact information.
Regards,