See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

The place of this restaurant is very nice, but use it to eat you own brought food. Shopping in the cafe-restaurant should be avoided, if you honor your money. The prices there are very high, unfortunately.
Even if the quality of food and cakes is very good, it does not justify the high price. Probabily they want the guests to pay for the wonderful view. But they forget that the nature is for free, and that they use the nature to attract customers.
Instead of using the nature as guest baits, they should honor their guest with fair prices.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed September 6, 2016

Ok so my story starts about 1-2 weeks before I travelled. I called them directly about a week before I left to find out the costs, I have 2 small babies, 1 small child, my wife and I. They offered me 2 rooms for 85 Euro for both - which came out of a price of 85 Euro. I thought this was a bargain but it was from a foreign speaking woman (not Austrian) so I called back about 10 minutes later after checking their website and they said I would need to reserve 2 rooms at a price of 185 Euro. I asked if they could get us all in 1 room they said yes for just over 100 Euro which I said I needed to check if it was ok with my wife. She agreed and I emailed them on their central email account, 3 days later (3 days before travelling) I heard nothing so I decided to call them again locally and they told me they had reserved a room and asked me to give them a code which I did to open the box. They informed me that I could not get an electronic confirmation as they had technical issues, so I called their central number to get a confirmation and they said they would organise it for me. 1 day before travel I still did not have an electronic confirmation so called again and requested the confirmation which they promptly called Tauernalm for me and I received one finally. I arrived at 2.30 in the morning and got into our room which was well kept, reasonable size and not too loud from the motorway outside.

The breakfast we had to order separately but it was cheaper when you stay in the hotel for just over 13 Euro, the service and people who work there are extremely unfriendly. I saw members of staff roll their eyes at customers and get irritated with them and generally unfriendly. The breakfast was ok, you can choose what you want which is included in the price of the 13 Euro but cleaning up in the restaurant is rarely done and we had dishes sitting around for over an hour.

At the end of breakfast I asked if we could check out at 12, I got a rude tone back saying until 12. Then I tried to talk to them about the booking and received a rude come back saying I Am the person in charge and you received your confirmation by telephone, what was the problem? In the end the employee rolled her eyes at me and was complaining to other customers about what I Was saying. I have to be honest this place is really the last place on earth I would want to stay but it was an emergency place to stay for my family which I was grateful for the room but the staff there are ridiculous!

Food:
Food is ok but extremely expensive if you buy separately and doesn't really taste of much.

Room tip: Get there before 10, if not possible ask for key to put into safety box outside hotel.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2015

Landzeit is one of our favourite places to rest on our way. They have many facilities such as restaurant, WC, shower, rooms to stay and safe parking. The view is wonderful. The air is fresh and relaxing. The staff is friendly and helpful. But their prices are far much higher than we think it should be.

Room tip: Mountain view is preferable.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2015

Good service at autobahn at Austria, a lovely place here we can enjoy at the rest area with varies of food, drink and snacks etc..etc.. also cleanliness, I really enjoy our journey with kinds of autobahn services.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2015

You know what you get in Austria with a Landzeit Service Station. Flachau is no exception. There is a lovely choice of food, drink, food etc etc etc. It's spotless and very good quality. You can even have food freshly cooked in front of you.

Date of stay: May 2015