“Great seafood feed”

The Salty Crab Seafood Shack
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Vincentia
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here last week while on a trip in the Shoalhaven region. I ordered the soft shell crab burger and it was delicious. The bun was perfectly soft and the crab cooked and seasoned so well. My partner had the salmon and was also cooked well. A little bit pricey but food was served with a large portion of sides so can be justified. Would definitely visit again if in the area.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Had the flathead and barramundi with chips. They were good but I think there is better fish and chips in Huskisson.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here, delicious salmon and great flathead! The salad was also very good. Good attention to detail

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

We could not believe this restaurant exists!!!
Initially I had my reservation about trying to have GF chips at the fish and chips shop. My experience so far led me to believe the only option available was griled fish, and maybe chips. As such I "delegated" the task of asking questions to my wife. During this time I was prepping my 5 yo (the coeliac in the family) to accept whatever we could get at Woolies or Aldi for lunch. The usual drill: chips might be fried in the same oil as other food containing gluten, we'll go get some fish, and cook at the accommodation, ice cream "bribery" to alleviate dissapointment. Shortly after, I was to find out they had GF batter, chips, and pretty much everything.
As our little one never had the opportunity to try battered fish, we decided to go with two portions only and some extra squid.That was a wise choice. It was plenty for the three of us. The food was really tasty: good chips and fresh fish. I have no ideea how to judge the batter, but I can say it was crispy, very tasty and just right. It is an easy dish, and these guys nailed it.
Awesome service, food came out as quick as possible, considering the crowds, clean and a nice fresh feel about the place.
We have three days booked in the area coming up shortly. Lunch is sorted and we're all looking forward

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

I cannot get enough of this place! The fish is fresh and the batter delicious (very impressive for gluten free). Husband reports that the normal gluten batter is also delicious. We go here every time we go to Jervis bay (and sometimes I think I organise holidays to Jervis just so we can visit the salty crab for fish and chips). Location is just at the mall but less than 5 min drive away is the beach. They have a dedicated separate fryer for gluten free food and know all about cross contamination. The service is friendly and as fast as they can go considering everything is made to order. Highly recommend this place! Don't let the location put you off - you can get takeaway and drive a short distance to get to some beautiful beaches

Date of visit: January 2018