Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews rolling hills every meal eucalyptus trees diana gaucho horses horseback hosts property uruguay cattle ranch horseman
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

The best place to stay in Uruguay. Everybody is nice and welcoming. Food, horse riding, service... everything is perfect.
The only regret is that we could not stay longer.
We will be back for more.
Mathias & Natacha

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

We fell in love with the hosts, staff and the estancia as soon we arrived. We were delighted with the kind hospitality extended to us and enjoyed the surroundings which allowed us to relax and unwind. We got a tour of the estancia and surrounding area from the hosts personally. It was so nice to see how much they loved their animals and land. Our room was spacious and very comfortable, and we really enjoyed the turn down service in the evening. The food was delicious, meticulously prepared and served with pride. We sat outside for lunch and afternoon tea, and inside for dinner and breakfast. We loved all the food - but the afternoon tea was such a luxurious indulgence! We swam in the pool, relaxed in the comfortable and beautiful surroundings and simply enjoyed the peacocks, charabons, lamas, etc. We did horseback riding in the morning and even got to help herd some of the cattle. It was a real privilege to be part of something so special. Staying here was the best part of our trip to Uruguay. We felt as though we were part of the family, yet our privacy was respected. I would highly recommend staying here and would return to Uruguay simply to stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank foodie_wanderlust
Reviewed January 21, 2018

This was the highlight of my trip to Uruguay. El Charabon is an absolutely beautiful property run by the most incredible, kind people. Jorge and Graciela were so welcoming and went out of their way to a make sure my experience was one to remember. I was travelling as a single guy from the States with limited Spanish-speaking skills. I was looking for something different as far as a travel experience, so why not ride horses with the gauchos in Uruguay? What I did not anticipate was how inviting this estancia would be. They made this guy feel like part of their family for the few days that I was there. The property is so relaxing with amazing views of the rolling hills and countryside. I was able to do everything I hoped and more. I helped Alejandro (resident gaucho) and his sons round up cattle and sheep, went to some beautiful, local beaches (i.e. no/little tourists), and ate some delicious traditional Uruguayan food (including a traditional BBQ). I travel all over the world, and I can say that this is one place I long to go back to. If you are looking for a fun, beautiful, unique Uruguayan experience, look no further!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2017

El Charabon is a remarkable place. Peacocks, llamas, rheas, kittens....a real menagerie. But its real charm is the people. Owners Jorge and Graciela were utterly charming and helpful. Paula fed us till we burst. Diana was an impeccable hostess and a delight to be around. Alejandro and Antony made riding really enjoyable for a group of relative novices. The whole place feels authentic and the enthusiastic welcome is real. We had really terribly weather and still went riding twice a day. Go. It's a very therapeutic place to get a sense of rural Uruguayan life.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jay B
Reviewed April 4, 2017

From the moment we arrived, we felt so welcome. Graciela gave us a tour of their beautiful home including her incredible paintings! And the llmas in the yard, etc.
And such fun to meet Jorge. I think the four of us could have talked forever about politics and so much more...
Thank you to Paola for the fabulous food, to Dayana for the sensational smile and kindness, to Alejandro for the fantastic horseback ride.
We loved being there and interacting with all of the animals.
We want to come back to visit as soon as we can.
Until then!