All reviews free diving yoga classes island hopping scuba diving home away from home mantigue island marine valerie sundown proposed waterfall philippines guests
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I spent more than a week in Kurma (and a few days in a different dive center). This is a wonderful place to relax in, super people, nice room, great communal area with excellent food.
I came on my own, wanting to do some scuba diving and not free diving (their speciality). Diggy, one of the owners, was most helpful in setting me up with a scuba dive center I liked (Jonny's dive and fun). Valerie's private yoga lesson was exceptional, the whole staff went out of their way to be accommodating, creating a service oriented and fun atmosphere, home-singing and guitare included. Highly to be recommended.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Geneva1234567
Reviewed October 28, 2017

I was 3 days at Kurma and it was the best time during my travel to Philippines. It is truly a home away from home where everybody makes you feel welcome since you arrive there. The owners Diggi and Val and all the staff are lovely and they try to make your days at Kurma unique.
The place is cozy and has a special atmosphere. The rooms are very clean and spacious and have a nice bathroom with hot water. It is by the sea so you can enjoy its relaxing sound and the view all the time. The food they serve is amazing and home made, very tasty and healthy. I really enjoyed the breakfasts.
They organize yoga classes early in the morning that are very good. I did as well a day trip to mantigue island with other guest and part of the staff, we were snorkeling and we had a typical philippino meal that was incredible. It was one my best days in Philippines.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Everyday is the best day ever with kurma.
The owners are so friendly, nice, helpful, and funny!!! They make me feel home and laugh every time I talked to them. Their staff are awesome! I practice yoga with Kiki and she is amazing! We did yoga and massage lessons on the beach and watched the sunset. Best yoga retreat experience ever! It was small class and she's very happy to receive people's requests.

Trip to Mantique island was so wonderful and sea food fest lunch and zip lining. The island seems like a real paradise to me! Snorkeling there was so fun! Digi one of the owners knows how to plan for guests and brings guests to have the best experience ever.

Trip to the rainbow waterfall was surreal. It was a 1.5 hour walk. It was fun and relaxing. Jumping into the water and watching, listening, feeling the waterfall was a magical moment to me!

Trip to sunken cemetery was wonderful. I biked with the best yoga teacher Kiki there and we hiked up to the old volcano too. She took me to all the best places possible!

Everything was absolutely beautiful with Kurma and can't wait to go back to see them again soon! Thanks so much for everything Kurma team.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2017

We did Island hopping in March 2017 and a friend recommended staying at Kurma. We arrived by ferry from Bohol and took a tricycle to the resort for 200 peso / about 25 minutes. The resort is right at the water and we enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere a lot. There are some shops right at the street and a market and other restaurants within walking distance. We also rented scooters form a local guy to explore the island for a week, 300 pesos per day. We had a nice and very clean aircon-room with 2 beds, hot shower and a nice patio to relax outside. You have direct access to the water and a nice beachfront area, especially for sundown. Valerie offers yoga classes and you can start the day with yoga on the waterfront, beautiful! The staff was extraordinary friendly and helpful. Even we came to Camiguinf for scuba diving we couldn’t resist to start a freediving training with Diggi, which was as relaxed and enjoyable as the entire stay. The food at Kurma is outstanding! Really! Believe me! The chef created a wonderful menu rich of variety and focusing on local products. If you enjoy healthy food with a rich taste you will love it! We were close to kidnap the chef and bring her back home, so feel lucky that we decided to visit Kurma again instead! After travelling 10 years on the Philippines Kurma is for sure one of my favorite places. Thanks a lot to Valerie and Diggi for creating such a nice place and atmosphere!

Room tip: Enjoy the food and relax!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Volleynehmer
Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

Finally did my freedive course after years of wanting to, and I'm so glad I chose Kurma. My instructor Marine was fantastic and helped me achieve what I wanted in a very encouraging and friendly way and I felt really safe all the time. It was a life changing experience for me.

The whole vibe at Kurma is friendly and welcoming and the food......... seriously the best we have eaten in the Philippines, and really well priced for the quality.

So if you want a life changing experience by doing a freedive course or some amazing food and hospitality, do yourself a favour and visit Kurma!!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple