See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

After reading other reviews, I guess the resort changed a lot when we had our accommodation. First, aircon is working fine, in fact we availed a room for 4/p and it can cool down the large room for a few minutes. Second, you can sleep peacefully, there are no more live bands at their Infinity bar. Third, each room has a private restroom with hot/cold shower. Forth, the nice view and amenities, they have swimming pool, beautiful landscape and a bar near the shore. Fifth, the staffs are hospitable, the owner is nice as well. Just one thing, there is still an ongoing construction, but we didn't bother because it's on the other side of the resort like an expansion. All in all, we loved our accommodation.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arlene F
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Rooms are poorly finished.
When I was there it was a construction site. Laborers everywhere,
The 'restaurant' on the top floor is terrible. Food is bad and service terrible.
And the weekend....its impossible to sleep due to the band playing in the bar...terrible!
The owner doesnt know what it is to work in the hospitality industry, just chasing money.
Positive point! The two ladies, Sharon and Tata are gems! I hope the owner pays them well because they keep the business alive.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

This is the ugliest place in Camiguin, a massive concrete building painted in bright colors. They're trying to make it cool but it lacks taste and charm. It's very tacky. I only stayed here because I'm a solo traveller and couldn't find any cheap dorm or room for one, and this place has a cheap dorm.

The worst of all is the rooftop bar. They should warn about this before you check in. There is an open air disco on the top of the hotel with extremely loud techno music going on until very late at night. It's impossible to sleep even with ear plugs. The funniest thing is that the disco is empty, as this scares turists away, but the music still goes on.

Unless you're in a low budget, I wouldn't recommend this place. Camiguin is full of cozy and quiet cottages to stay. Spend a couple hundred pesos more and enjoy your stay somewhere else

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2015

I really enjoyed the upstairs bar at Medano. It’s called “Infinity Bar.” Open air and a cool spot. Owners are Americans who’ve spent a lot of time in Asia. They’re great fun to talk to.

Good food and cold San Miguel's with fantastic music on the weekend. Maybe during the week too. Cool travelers to meet as well there. If you're on Camiguin Island this place is a great spot to spend the evening.

Also have pesos on the weekend. The lone ATM runs out of money on Saturday.

We got an aircon room at Medano Resort with it's own bathroom and I think it was 1500 pesos. Was there in May and there was construction but it didn't interfere with our stay. Room was fine.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunsetdave
Reviewed May 24, 2015 via mobile

When we arrived at the resort, they asked us for 900P per night. Room was very simple for that price yet very expensive. After a lot of negotiation, the nice lady who showed me the room said she will give me another simple room for 500P a night. She also added, I quote : "Please dont tell other guests as we usually charge them 900P for the same room". She told me that they have a policy to collect all the money upfront for the whole 3 nights.

Unfortunately I needed to withdraw money from the atm (which was 7km away) to be able to pay the whole amount. We both agreed that I will pay for 2 nights and then I will pay for the 3rd night when I get cash from atm.

In the evening, as we were going out for dinner, the owner of the resort wished us a good evening. After that, he added, "There's a roofbar upstairs, go there, there's free wi-fi".

We had decided that we might go to have a drink later after dinner. Since we didnt do as he said, when we returned, he approached me in a very aggressive attitude and asked me to pay for the 3rd night.

This was our first night here, and we had already paid for 2 nights. Obviously the next day when we rented a bike and could go to the atm, we settled our debts.

By his approach, he managed to make our stay very uncomfortable and we regretted the moment we chose this resort. Camiguin is a very nice island, but due to the unprofessional behavior of the owner, we couldn't wait for our holiday to finish.

On another note, the resort is a total construction site. The room doors are same as the ones used in public toilets. The door lock is easy to break, so while we were out of the room, we couldn't stop worrying about a break-in. No tiles. The room (that we were given) will turn into a big oven from 12pm - 1am.

This is my experience at this resort, I hope that anyone who is considering going there will read this.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends