All reviews private pool beautiful place sunset bar garden room the owner staff were exceptional pure bliss christmas lunch wonderful reviews stayed longer the entire resort amazing resort beach view day tour mar villa paradise
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

We will be back soon balai sa bai-bai.. our stay was worthwhile..thanks to all the staffs of the resort for the warmest camiguingnon welcome..biggest thanks to their manager "Mar" for the for the excellent hospitality..so far the best resort we have visited..will recomend to other couple friends..see u again soonest camiguin.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Romesito B
Elden C, Owner at Balai sa Baibai, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

We really look forward to welcoming you back to our slice of paradise and I will pass on your kind words to Mar and the rest of the staff. We try hard to make sure we offer the best experience for our guests - and are constantly improving, so expect some new amenties and improvements on your return!

Reviewed April 18, 2018

It was a great stay in this resort, all their amenities were good and i enjoyed all of those things. The staff where very accommodating and friendly to us specially their manager Mr. Marnold L. Dagondon "Mar" who really gave his time to accommodate us. It's an awesome feeling to sleep in a nice room that there is a pool in front of it. The beach was just a walk from it and you can feel refresh. The food was so elegant in presentation and delicious that its just worth the price on it. I even want to stay longer in this resort but sad to say that my vacation leave was almost end and I need to leave this place. When I arrived here in my work place I shared my experience on that resort to my colleague and they find it interesting and they also include it in their bucket list for traveling by next year. It was fulfilling dream to be in that resort Balai Sa Baybay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Yang Mar R

Thanks so much for your review, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I will pass on your comments to Mar and the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you again when perhaps you can stay a little longer and truly enjoy our slice of paradise!

Reviewed April 17, 2018

The only positive thing I’ll mention is the hotel surrounding - peaceful and well maintained.

Negative:
Way overpriced.
The doors in our room were not completely sealed. There was always a gap, big enough for bugs and mosquitoes to come inside and have a feast.
The water flow in the shower was annoyingly weak. There was no bath rug. No hair dryer.
We always got only one pool towel, although we were 2. Very odd.

The staff. From the very beginning they were not welcoming at all. They 100% of the time looked like they are forced to being nice, and they really don’t want to talk at all.
We got our welcome drinks upon arrival, however didn’t get any chance of drinking them due to the guy with our luggage telling us to follow him to our room immediately after we finished the check in process.
When we got to our room, nothing was explained to us. And there were plenty of things that should have been explained. For example – the hot water machine in the shower, which was not intuitive for operation at all.

Also, nothing was mentioned about the Wi-Fi. When we asked for the Wi-Fi password, they told us that our villa in particular has no Wi-Fi. Seriously? Throughout the 4 days we stayed there, we asked so many times to fix that and encountered only excuses and no actual help.

We asked one of the staff members for a bottle of water, because we forgot to buy one for the night. He said that we need to pay, and so we did. On the next day we found out that every day we should get 2 bottles of water, 2 bottles of beer and 2 snacks, which of course we didn’t get any of them. When we told the staff about the mistake, they just said “ok”, didn’t even apologize, nor offered to refund our money.

In conclusion, none of the MANY problems we had was taken care of. We really looked forward for our stay there and ended up very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
10  Thank D434

We sincerely apologise that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I have spoken to the staff about your review and have checked up on the issues you raised to see how we can improve. I have made sure that the check in process has been improved to make sure there is enough time to properly explain all of the room amenities and that the pre check in room inspection is undertaken to make sure everything is as it should be. You will be pleased to know that with PLDT finally coming to camiguin our internet service will improve considerably and we will no longer need individual wifi routers which are less than satisfactory. We hope you decide to return to camiguin one day and to experience the changes we have made based on your review

Reviewed March 31, 2018

If there was an option for more than 5 Stars I would choose it. This place was incredible from booking to departure. Great professional airport pick up. Warm welcome on arrival. The staff were exceptional, always available to help with activity ideas, scooter rentals, massage bookings etc. The rooms were fantastic, we had a villa with Private pool and it was fabulous. I usually desire a sea view, but villa option was amazing and you only need to step out of villa to see the sea. The breakfast was INCREDIBLE, great way to start the day. Filling and presented so lovely. If I could have canceled other bookings I had for my trip I would have stayed here longer, it just felt amazing. 5 min walk along beach to Dive Shop, Island has so much to offer and food options an easy scooter ride away for dinner. Even live music close by. The resort grounds are well taken care of with a lovely sunset bar to relax at end of day. THANK YOU so much, best part of our trip.

Room Tip: Villa with Private pools are amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BlueToesTravel

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, it really makes it all worthwhile for us as we try to offer the best service and experience that we can, so are glad that in your case we succeeded! Hopefully one day you can come back to our slice of paradise and experience the beauty of camiguin and Balai sa Baibai again!

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Such a charming resort! Its the best I have seen on the island of Camiguin. They only have a few rooms which is excellent for relaxation away from noisy crowds. The staff are well trained and always willing to serve with a smile. Very clean rooms with complete toiletries. They have cable TV, Wifi and all the amenities you'll ever need. They will even serve you Filipino snacks for merienda and fresh coconut any time of the day! The beach is excellent especially White island. Just 15 minutes away by car, the greenest mountains with lush forests. If that weren't enough, Camiguin has various cold and hot springs and waterfalls. Really the best of both worlds! Highly recommend this resort!!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank francesalvarez

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it made the perfect base for your Camiguin vacation! We try hard to offer the best service and think the little extras like merienda and fresh buko juice make all the difference to your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in our slice of paradise!