Just a few hours away from DXB, if you have a UAE residence visa or EU passport take Dibba exit & no need for visa stamp. A little rough road few meters till the entrance. A lovely Omani with a BIG smile will welcome you & offer water. Once you arrive you have the option to keep the car parked there or you can take th challenge of the off-road going up into the mountain cliff. DON'T TRY TO BE A SUERHERO if your steering wheel is a mess. A 4x4 can pick you up. TIP: Sit at the left side of the car at the back of the driver to experience the chills of spectacular heights. You'll be welcomed with dates smoothies at the lobby while the manager asks you how the drive was. (Love the dates smoothie). The ceilings of the lobby are relaxing as they take the photocopy of your passports. The rooms are wide and very open. Our Pool Villa was very nice with the private pool & majlis. My excitement boosted up when I heard that we can ride our bikes ( I have never ridden a bike for a long time). It was not easy to turn on & off the AC's. TIP: If you're looking for the hairdryer it's inside the closet. The next morning we had buffet breakfast. I had the eggs Benedict & all of the fruit jams & spread that they have were all freshly made from their organic farm. As the morning starts you'll be greeted by cheerful staff with their very cozy uniform (so fresh in the eyes that they want to say WE WANT TO PAMPER YOU UP!). All of the staff are so helpful & cheerful that you'll tell yourself that "I must be cranky person..or I really need to relax. We stayed at the pool and recognized there was no Lifeguard. At the beach you'll see the vast Omani sea and the blue sky with para-gliders drawing a great scene from the mountains. Everything was just NICE NICE NICE..but..yes, there is a BUT. The generators or those power boxes were too loud. And I may say that there might be complaints about the privacy of the villas but those curtain looking drapers that were used to cover the fences are just UGLY.
During breakfast, they have these printed out news papers in English, French & Deutsch. The bars and restaurants close at 12 pm. Since it's a retreat/rejuvenating place, I think it is really the reason not to keep them till morning. But you ca always have room service. I GOT ENGAGED HERE!! Such a perfect place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eighteen acres self-contained Zighy Bay is set on a 1 mile (1.6 Kilometers) stretch of sandy beach fringed with rugged dramatic mountains and sea at the northern peninsula of Musandam. It features some of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Zighy Bay, temperate climate both summer and winter including an award-winning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre spanned over more than 20,450 square feet (1,900 square meters). As the first Six Senses resort in Middle East, Six Senses Zighy Bay blends exceptional guest experiences with a unique style - authentic, personal, adapt seamlessly to Middle East especially to Omani cultures, sustainable and in harmony with individual surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Travelocity.ca and Priceline so you can book your Six Senses Zighy Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Zighy Bay
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel Zighy Bay
- Zighy Bay Six Senses Hideaway
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Oman