Hotel Alpina
Hotel Seehof(Walchsee)
All reviewsloadsfebruaryalpinamountainsreviewersmenusaustria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Booked seven days with youngest son at the Alpina to escape dreary February in UK.
Was initially attracted by the Kinderhotel affiliation and the ski area.

The hotel is very well appointed and has an excellent location, within 20m of the lifts. drove from Munich (don't forget to allow double forecast time for traffic) and the arrival was very easy, turned into underground car park and didn't use car at all after that.

Room was ready for us, spacious and welcoming, a tiny bit dated, but had a view of the mountain and the piste outside the balcony and was typically Tyrolean. Bathroom had two vanities etc, decent toiletries and all very warm.

I booked without realising I had opted for full board and the whole package was excellent value. The hotel arranged ski-depot access and lift passes, the meals were very good (some exceptional) the waiting staff were attentive and helpful, happy to engage, etc. The public areas are very well appointed and a good blend of contemporary and heritage.
The bar is a nice spot to relax and the public spaces well maintained. My son loved the pools, two indoor (one relaxed and one with slide, etc) and an outdoor infinity pool with Jacuzzi. There is something very satisfying about being outside in a heated pool under a freezing sky, surrounded by snow covered mountains.
There are also PCs and a games room for kids and separate menus if they're not up for adult food.

The ski area is vast, with a great range of pistes and loads of offerings for food and drink on the mountains. You would need at least two weeks to explore all the terrain. The interconnected villages all offer a slightly different view of the area and there is good canon cover, well groomed pistes and good lift infrastructure everywhere (typically gondola or bubble lifts with heated seats and automatic safety bars).

I'm not sure how typical it is, but we had 5 days out of 6, with not a cloud in the sky, 3-8 degree highs and awesome skiing.

Highly recommended and better value than other Austrian Tyrolean holidays I have had

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Our booking was a last minute decision. Situated in a picturesque location, we were given a great family room. The service was excellent and staff were attentive, each evening the owner would wish each guest a good evening. You don't get that at two many places. We had no problems getting a meal during the day so I'm not sure about what one of the reviewers stated. You are close to kossen if you don't mind the walk. The sauna and spa are amazing and the meal times worked great, the food variety was amazing compared to those large main stream hotels. Loved the place.

Our only issue was that one pool they had was a quiet pool no young children.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

This hotel is great. The rooms are big, clean and modern. The spa-area is gorgeous and it has different saunas to go. It's family-friendly and the food is amazingly good. You can decide whether you want do dine in the restaurant (where you can choose between two menus) or in the buffet-area. And in both places the food is excellent. It's a nice place to calm down and relax.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2015

We lucked into a last minute stay for a week of excellent cross-country skiing more than counter-balanced by fine cooking and a great spa. English was uncommon (only us), but the staff spoke english well enough to defensively keep me from mangling German.

Two minor qualms, neither of which should dissuade you from visiting. The place, when we stayed, was understaffed. The staff was running flat out in order to maintain standards, which they did, but another few servers would have given them time to slow from a brisk trot and be a little more sociable! And, the beds were soft to the point of discomfort; I understand people liking soft beds, but I slept on the floor one night to give my back a rest from the hammock-like softness of the bed!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am truly dissapointed of this Hotel, besides all those beutiful view etc. and the fact that whole hotel is quite nice, you CAN'T EVEN HAVE A MEAL DURING THE DAY WHENEVER YOU WANT! They only have their own hours for the kitchen, if you have restaurant in the hotel why you do such a think I am writing this reveiw straight from my room, because I am very dissapointed that again I went downstair to get something to eat like dinner in normal time (for me) and I cant' tiil 18:00, how you can do such a think when you have restaurant? All the stores are closed and all the restaurant are way far away from the hotel… this is not very smart. About the Wi-fi whole my holiday I have problem with internet conection and I cant wokr on my computer, thanks God the other hotel next to, has better service and I can travel there to do my work.

Room Tip: wi fi is really bad in whole Hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple