All reviews the pub steak pie lovely meal pennine way warm welcome olde worlde log fire pies sunday lunch black pudding stack evening meal second to none many thanks bronte country bad reviews old building an overnight stay
Reviewed May 30, 2017

We booked an evening meal here when staying at a nearby campsite. Lovely genuine old pub with friendly service and a great range of beers. The food was good too, with traditional pub fare and more exotic fish dishes available. I had Swordfish which was very nice. Will definitely try to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip A
Reviewed May 29, 2017

We called in for a meal on Sunday night. They were happy to serve us even though the kitchen was closing. Lovely pub, the food and service were brilliant. Everything was freshly cooked. Staff were really friendly. Great experience

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2017

Went here with a group from the TR club. The food and service and value was brilliant. Had sunday lunch and couldn't fault it. Just one thing to mention when there is a large party would be good if veg came out as the food did as the ones who got their beef first had to wait a while before all veg came and food going cold. It was well worth it once it all came. Delicious

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Stayed here overnight with my partner and two friends for my birthday and had a great time. John, the landlord/owner could not have made us feel more welcome and by the time we left we felt like family. When we got there, we sat ourselves in the back room in case we got a bit loud and disturbed the diners. John introduced himself and kept popping back and forth to make sure we were ok and had enough drinks, so did a lady and 2 of the lovely girls behind the bar. None of them were intrusive, just friendly. John also came to tell us that our rooms were ready - actually slightly earlier than expected incase we wanted to go off into Haworth again.

Onto the rooms - what are people complaining about? If you want all mod cons, go to Leeds or Bradford and check into a plush, generic hotel. This is a 400 plus year old inn with character. We found the rooms to be clean and a good size for what we needed. The beds were comfy, the toilets sparkling. Yes the windows are small and high up but so what? If you want to look at the view of the Moors - go outside!! It was just what we wanted. We felt away from all the hustle and bustle of every day life and it was such a lovely stay.

John bought my partner and friend a beer and chatted a bit more (my friend and I were on the prosecco) and even called a taxi for us when we decided to go into Haworth. We enjoyed the vibe in the Old Silent inn that much that we decided to make sure we were back in time for a few before closing. We loved the atmosphere and the olde worlde decor throughout as well as the Easter decorations.

Breakfast the next day was from 9 - 9.30am which is perfect for us. We are up at 5am every day at home so a lie in at the weekend was just what we needed. The waitress was so friendly and we all enjoyed our food - especially the bread! John even brought my friend and I a glass of bucks fizz each.

When we went to check out, we thanked John for a lovely stay and I told him he'd helped make my birthday extra special - at which point he gave me a bottle of wine out the fridge!! I was gobsmacked, such a nice touch.

So my advice would be if you are visiting Haworth, you could do a lot worse than stay in the Old Silent Inn. We found it value for money and we had a brilliant time. Maybe if you expect a palace or have no sense of humour however you should stay away. As far as we were concerned, John was anything but rude as some other reviewers have stated. Some five star hotels could learn a lot from these guys! Keep up the good work and we hope to see you again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danielle W
Reviewed May 2, 2017

stayed here for 1 night over the bank holiday with 2 friends for my birthday and we all loved it.Set in a beautiful location right in the country.The food was fabulous one of the best pub meals i have had enjoyed it so much we are booking to bring my father in law for fathers day, as we are from lancashire its well worth the 1 hour travel .All the staff were super friendly, the landlord especially treating us to an extra drink on the house as it was my birthday, The bedrooms were a good size bed was very comfy. We were made to feel so welcome and will definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple