“THE BEST TURKISH FOOD SO FAR! ”

Sedir Manti Ve Borek Evi
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Sirince
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

The restaurent is hidden in the village but its really really a Gem! I recommend it to everyone the experience is totally worth it!

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Lovely homemade food in a cozy environment. Surrounded by greens. Love the kofte and rice stuffed in vine leaves.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Late evening in the late September; the village of Sirince is empty, shops are shut, no people on the village streets. Three of us are the only guests in the normally crowded restaurant. We sit on a terrace next to a fireplace, enjoying subtle food, Turkish cuisine in its most refined form, and served by a man who actually cooked it for us. I have been in Sedir before, an now I dream of coming to this place again in Winter. An enchanting place.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

I have been in Sedir every summer since 2014, and am pleased to repeat these words from my review of 2014:

"Simple but subtle cooking with great attention to precision in balance of flavours. Two versions of aubergine salad were amazing. Manti (Turkish ravioli) were the best manti I had ever had, the sauce for them was astonishing. Chicken saute was simplicity itself: diced chicken gently cooked with tomatoes, garlic and thyme, but the harmony of flavours was heavenly. To check that this was not an aberration we visited the place again a couple of days later — the second time was even better. In my opinion, this stability of quality is evidence of chef’s true professionalism."

Three years and half a dozen of dinners at Sedir later, (the latest in July 2017, and I had deilicious lamb saute in place of chicken saute of 2014) I am happy to be able to confirm tSedir's remarkable consistency of quality and exceptional value for money.

The restaurant is small: home cooked meals are served on a tiny terrace of the propriotors' house; for small groups, reservation could be useful.

But small is beautiful. Simple is beautiful. Loving care for cooking is beautiful.

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food full of flavors. Lots of vegetarian options.
This restaurant was recommended to us by Mr Omar of Terrace Houses. Glad he recommended this place to us.