Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Margaret D
Plymouth, Minnesota

Hospitality At It's Best!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 9, 2014
We walked into the Dockside Suites and were "wowed" by the beautiful decor and all of the special touches that Daphne did for our stay. I noticed the wonderful aroma in the suites and it just continued to get better as she showed us around. Beautiful fresh tulips, wonderful chocolates, fruit and pastries for the morning, cheese and crackers, and wine on ice for our arrival. All the little touches made it so special. Candles lit at night outside for the hottub and around the patio. Cozy soft towels and bathrobes to use. We were here from MN for a wedding at the Old Orchard Hall 2 blocks away. It was perfect! Loved the fireplaces in the bedrooms and the cozy sitting room looking out to the water. Daphne was nice enough to drive us into town one evening and pick us up. The pool table was nice to have for an added activity. Everything was comfortable and top of the line. We couldn't have asked for anything better! Both Daphne and Michael were very pleasant to talk with - wish we could have visited more with them! Thank you for everything - it was a treat to stay at such an awesome Retreat!
Peggy, Jim, Alex and Great from Minnesota - Hope to be back sometime in the near future!
Date of stay: April 2014
Room Tip: Both suites were wonderful - you can't go wrong with either! The Sunrise Suite is the larger...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
C$99
    C$99
  • ZenHotels.com
9.9 km from Dockside Retreat Port Moody
Dirty, crusty carpet that manager said I was responsible for.
C$139
C$79
Easy and fast booking
    9.6 km from Dockside Retreat Port Moody
    View more hotels in Port Moody
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you want a pleasant break from the usual hotel stay, then this place is perfect. Complete with a large deck with a hot tub overlooking the water, I stayed there twice this year for extended periods while working in the area. Daphne and Michael were perfect hosts - they went out if their way to welcome me. Daphne has a talent for making guests feel at home and finding out what will make her guests have an enjoyable stay. Every night I came home to fresh flowers, fresh sheets and towels, treats and wine as well as coffee - with a French Press - it was perfect! There is a ton of great books and she kept me updated with current magazines. I could also keep up with my favorite tv programs as they provide all the premium channels I have at home. They even scraped my car windows for me one particularly cold morning! I often stay at B&B's when I travel for work, and I can honestly say that Daphne and Michael are the best hosts that have ever stayed with. I am looking forward to returning to Port Moody to stay again.

Date of stay: March 2014
    1  Thank heatherjq
    Reviewed March 25, 2014

We came here for a relaxing overnight retreat away from city life a couple of weeks ago and were not disappointed!

Daphne and her husband put so much effort into making sure we enjoyed ourselves, from driving us to and from town (I think we were the first visitors to arrive on foot!) to putting out nibbles and wine on arrival and making sure the hot tub was bubbling away. The rooms were luxurious and cosy and the fridge was well stocked with goodies. We wished we could have stayed for longer than a night!

We were made to feel really welcome and will definitely be back in the summer - Daphne tells me they're getting a rowing boat!

Date of stay: February 2014
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was visiting family and friends in the Port Moody area and was looking for a quiet place for some R & R. Daphne was such a pleasure to deal with and has a great eye for detail. There were a lot of thoughtful touches that made my stay very comfortable and relaxed. I stayed in the larger suite which was amazing and very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the fridge was stocked with plenty of fruit, yogurts, beverages and pastries. It was hard to pull myself away from the front sitting room in the mornings (book and coffee in hand) while enjoying the beautiful view in front of the fire.

I am very much looking forward to coming back in the near future.

Date of stay: January 2014
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying a few nights at Dockside Retreat and it was absolutely amazing! The hostess, Daphne was so helpful and her friendliness with attention to detail is unmatched. From the moment you arrive, until the time you depart, you feel like a valued guest in the home. The views were breathtaking, and luckily we were able to kayak right from their dock on one of the days we were there. We were also able to hike on one of the many trails nearby. The location is so conveniently located with the quaint Newport Village a few minutes away by car and downtown Vancouver is only a half an hour away. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone as it is one of the best ones I have ever stayed at.

Date of stay: October 2013