“Popular with good reason”

L'Osteria del Vignaiolo
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in La Morra
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2017

Beautifully prepared food, reasonable prices, fine wines, complimentary extras and a warm but sheltered outdoor terrace make this an ideal spot for that leisurely lunch on a sunny day in-between winery visits or whatever. A great place to sample the local wines with fine food before toddling off to the producer to buy a case. But get in here early or book ahead as there are plenty of locals from Santa Maria to Switzerland with the same idea.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Brilliant selection of traditional dishes elevated with refined flavour combinations. 4 course menu under 40E. Excellent local wine recommendation - we went straight on to the producer to take 6 more! All in 100E for two. Very efficient service. Book well in advance - we tried to come back this weekend and all booked out (Truffle season). Rabbit starter was favourite, ravioli in green sauce divine. Amazing pannacotta, no really, not same as ever before. We will be back.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch after visiting local vineyards on a Tuesday afternoon. I was able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. The service was very efficient and everyone worked as a team. The food presentation was wonderful and well paced. I had a local glass of Barola with my pasta choice of ravioli. My main course was the star of the show as the stracotto al Nebbiolo. The tender veal steak with the wine reduction was bursting with great flavor. The accompanying vegetables and potato were well prepared and nothing was left on the plate. I opted for a second glass of wine for my dessert but I saw many others eat a variety of choices and they looked wonderful. I will be back.

1  Thank Bjkirch
Reviewed September 9, 2017

This osteria is one of the few places to eat in La Morra that is open on Monday (the owners are very smart!!). I can say nothing against the food preparation nor the presentation of same. What I can comment about was the coldness of one of the waitresses and the presence of a dog that had a poor odor about it.

We have been there before and will probably go there again. Besides, as I already said, it is one of the few restaurants in La Morra that are open on Monday for dinner.

Recommended!!

Reviewed September 4, 2017

L'Osteria del Vignaiolo is an excellent Osteria in the Langhe region, located in the small 'commune' Santa Maria, close to La Morra. The restaurant, with a very atmospheric terrace, offers local dishes of a superb quality and a wide variety of ditto local wines. The very attentive service and very competitive prices, make eating here an amazing experience!