“Naples in the Piedmont”

Ranked #16 of 31 Restaurants in La Morra
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2017

The most celebrated pizza in Italy is made in Naples, but that's at the other end of the country. So what do the Piemontese do? They eat at Per Bacco, whose chef traveled 900 km north to feed us. Order the pizza offered on the inside left page of the menu. Pastas are also good. I've never eaten anything else on the menu. The only reason why I cannot give the full 5 stars is that the restaurant has fickle hours -- it was open in March for lunch, but I could never get another lunch any day during the summer (which feels counterintuitive). I'm local so it's no big deal to eat at any of the other great restaurants in La Morra (or turn around and head home). I highly recommend that you call first to be certain.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We found this restaurant (occasionally) while driving through La Morra. We decided to stop and try it out and we absolutely loved it. We were four people- two of us ordered pasta and the other two ordered pizza. I ordered the pasta with back truffle and it was to die for! I've tried all four dishes and they were all very very good- so, we ended up ordering an extra pizza to take home. We didn't get to try the deserts- the pizza and pasta portions were quite big/satisfying. The owner sticks with what he has on the menu (like most European chefs) but he was VERY nice and friendly. I highly recommend this place and would definitely go back! Hope you enjoy as much as we did!

Reviewed September 9, 2017

We have known Simona for many years and recently got to know her husband, the pizzaiolo. To anyone that is interested, we give our opinion that Per Bacco has the best pizza in this corner of Italy. It is also the only certified Napolitan pizzeria in the Provincia di Cuneo.

Worth the trip to go to La Morra just for pizza at Per Bacco. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Personel and owner very unfriendly.
High prices for bad quality.
Loud and horrofic 90's house music.
This is what I call a tourist-trap.
Nothing authentic about this place!

1  Thank NickyHardjoprajitno
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

This restaurants main dish is pizza. They have a large variety of pizzas. You need to make a reservation, otherwise you have to wait a long time for a table. The pizzas taste great. I can recommend the Toma & Tartufio pizza and the Diavola pizza.