“Perfect food, view and atmosphere, and very interesting winecard”
Review of Osteria Arborina

Reserve with
Osteria Arborina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in La Morra
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We loved the place and dinned at the osteria (bistro) twice last week. There is both a bistro and Michelin. The crew created a super atmosphere and both kids and adults feelt very welcome. The food was very nice and the cru based winecard was very interesting. We also visited the wine celler and tasting room. Next time we visit we will dine at the the Michelin

Reviewed March 26, 2018

We arrived at the restaurant around 20:30. We were welcomed by a waiter, who gave us the wine card and asked whether we wanted something to drink and we ordered water and 2 glasses of prosecco. About 10 min later we received the New Year´s menu and then found the wines we wanted to have. After about another 10 min a waiter showed up to take our wine order. When we informed him that we had ordered prosecco 20 min earlier, he didn’t seem to be interested, he just wanted us to order our wine. We did, and about 5 min later the prosecco finally arrived.

Then about 5 min later a waiter served us two plates of Agnolotti. We asked whether we were not supposed to get anything before the primi, as it looked that way from the menu. She went and checked in the kitchen and then came back, apologized and took the plates away, again. Shortly after we got the correct plates.

After this the food came as it was supposed to, and we were very pleased with the whole menu. The menu was brilliantly put together and the attention to detail, both in plating and in taste varieties, were really well done and was very inspiring.

Unfortunately, the skills and/or the attention from the waiters kept getting less and less professional and attentive as the evening progressed, which influenced the experience highly. When a waiter was at our table, he or she was always correct and polite, but we did not see much of them. Our red wine and our water was placed at a table away from us, so that we could not easily pour ourselves. This detail looks very good and gives a more calm and good looking table. However, this requires - in our opinion - that a waiter then makes sure that wine glasses and water glasses are not empty. This worked well for the first hour. After that, my wife - who was closest to where our water and wine was placed - had to get up and get us water whenever we needed more. At some point, probably around the time we were waiting for the beef to be served, I had an empty wine glass for almost half an hour - without anyone coming to pour more. When my wife got up and took the wine bottle for me, and I started pouring myself - then a waiter showed up, but that was too late.

We had ordered a 2009 Arborina which had quite a lot of sediment in the bottle. This can happen and does not reflect badly on the taste. However, even after the waiter found out that there was a lot of sediment, he kept treating the bottle in a way so that we continuously got a lot of it in our glasses. He had offered to filter it, which we declined, but the bottle could have been handled with more care.

We were now coming up to midnight. Of course, not being Italian, we are not sure what the traditional way of entering a new year at midnight is, so this next part may be our cultural misunderstanding. Here is how we experienced it - if we are wrong in our assumptions, then please just discard this part:

At around a quarter to midnight, I asked my wife whether we should order a glass of champagne to toast in the new year. We were not sure what was normal, and whether the restaurant would be serving anything. We tried to get hold of a waiter - but without luck. 2 minutes before midnight, the waiters came out and started putting a fresh glass on everyone´s table, so we thought that now the wine for toasting in the new year was on its way. It was. Ours got poured at 4 minutes past midnight. By then my wife and I had toasted in the new year…….. in water.

It was now time for dessert, and again the food did not disappoint. Just before 00:30 the Panettone got served. We decided we would like a coffee and a grappa to end the meal with while eating the Panettone. After trying to get the attention of a waiter for more than 15 minutes we gave up and decided to leave. As soon as we got up, then a waiter came - but again, too late.

This was our experience at your restaurant. We counted 40 guests and 5 waiters - which should be plenty of waiters to give all their guests a good experience. Unfortunately it was not.

Osteria Arborin... A, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Osteria Arborina, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Dear Peter.

We were awaiting for your review. The personal apologies that the chef, Andrea Ribaldone, wrote you by email are not so appreciable for you, and we're sorry.

We are very sorry for not being able to give you the experience you expected and, of course, you deserved.

There have been some technical problems, during the new year eve, that have caused long times and inaccuracies of the service: normally they don't happen. But this isn't an excusation for a top level restaurant.

Sorry again.

Best regards

Reviewed December 11, 2017

We were 8 people for a Saturday lunch. The food was excellent, the setting beautiful, but the service was very disorganised and amateurish. At the beginning of lunch one guest asked for a glass of wine and asked and asked again. After 20 minutes it arrived. The courses for the eight people came in bunches. First a few then the rest. At the end we ordered 6 coffees. First two came, then three and then one 10 minutes later. The first were cold when the last arrived. There are many wonderful restaurants in the Langhe. I'd give this one a miss particularly if you are more than two people until they sort out the service.

Osteria_Arborina, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Osteria Arborina, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

We are really sorry for the inconveniences that you report us: it rarely happens but, unfortunately, sometimes problems occur during the service.
Surely we will verify and check the details in your report, so that they are not repeated.

Anyway, thank you for spending time to write your review which helps us to improve the service.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Just spent a nice weekend in Piemonte. We have tried the Osteria Arborina for the first time for dinner and I must say that the food was simply fantastic ! I am not at all someone who writes reviews (actually it is my first one !), but the food was so good that I thought I have to let other people know. On top there is a very extensive wine list that gives also lots of options at very reasonable prices (unfortunately mostly missing in those sort of fine-dining restaurants). In general prices are (at least in my view) very very reasonable considering the food (however, I might be a bit prejudiced as I live in Switzerland - rather expensive ;-))

Osteria_Arborina, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Osteria Arborina, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Wow....we’re so glad to be the object your first review and to have offered the reason why you’ve decided to write it. Thank you also to refer about our wine list: it’s a great, but hard, work to let you know this wonderful land in Piedmont thru the wine.

See you soon again, we hope!

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and were very pleased. Was a bit surprised that the Rabbit tonno with tomato sauce we got for a starter was served cold, but it was actually pretty good.
As they had an outside grill we were soon convinced that we had to try something from the BBQ collection. I was very happy with my choice of Pheasant, especially when going along with the waiter's recommendation of topping it with some Truffle. Yes, it made it more extensive (you pay pr gram), but the meat was so tender, and the Truffle on top made it absolutely fantastic.

Osteria_Arborina, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Osteria Arborina, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Thank you for visiting Osteria Arborina and for your review.

See you soon, we hope!