“Just do it, it's delicious”
Review of Strud'l

Strud'l
Price range: US$2 - US$31
Cuisines: Slovenian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I were staying in Ribčev Laz for a week and did a day trip to Bled and decided to stop off in Bohinjska Bistrica for a late lunch/very early dinner at Strud'l on our way back to Ribčev Laz, based on the great reviews on here. So glad we did, it was amazing!!! My partner had the homemade pasta with dried meat, cream and egg (so a carbonara) and I had the barley/rice soup with potato, carrots and carniolan sausage (delicious Slovenian specialty), and we got a basket of the yummiest fresh bread on the side. Both were so delicious, flavorsome and warming. And very generous portions, I couldn't finish mine but that's mainly because we wanted to share an apple strudel for dessert, which was no different to the rest of our meal - delicious!! After 2 main meals, 2x 500ml beers and dessert, it came to 24€, very affordable prices. Service was absolutely lovely too and the place has such a cosy, friendly vibe. Overall, amazing, just go there if you're in the Bohinj vicinity!!

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank TahnaeK

Reviewed October 24, 2018

Huge portion, very nice people ang cosy atmosphere. I reccomend! Esspecially home made bread, soups and potatos wikt fresh cottage cheese!

1  Thank Małgorzata K
Reviewed September 27, 2018

Myself and the ladyfriend decided to go here for our last meal before leaving Bohinj. First impressions were good, the interior is nice and inviting and I can imagine it being a rather warm place in the winter months. It had a nice hand made feel to it.

Food wise, it was lovely. I am a big eater i.e portions and I was rather saticfied by the quantity that filled the plate. Unfortunately I'm unable to recall what exactly I had but I do know it consisted of various strudel, a smoked meat and mash and pie. It was rather tasty. One would say a hearty meal.

Would certainly go back and recommend :)

2  Thank the_roving_toe
Reviewed September 26, 2018

The place is open from breakfast time onwards and is always popular, with locals as well as visitors. The menu focuses on traditional ingredients of the Slovenian countryside, with pork and sausage , pulses and stews in interesting flavours. House wine is not up to much and we noticed that locals were often washing the meal down with beer. Good place.

1  Thank RHPrague
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

This was a wonderful place to try local cuisine. The service is outstanding. I would definitely return.

1  Thank Mejken