“Absolutely beautiful Quiche! ”
Review of Silkwood Farm

Silkwood Farm
Ranked #4 of 4 Quick Bites in Ossett
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

I had the quiche today, was beautiful, big portion; lots of salad and coleslaw/potatoe salad... I had it with a jacket potato and cheese! Yummy. For pudding I had some d their new rainbow cake with a scoop of mint choc chip ice cream, why not push the boat out....? The ice cream display looked so yummy I had to have some! The staff were friendly, the chef on the Carvery was polite and said hello when I was passing. The bar staff went out their way to accommodate my needs when I was very fussy on my drink choice, they offered me a wide selection! Thankyou so much. I will be returning again soon! I need to sample this foot long sausage roll I saw as I was leaving! Of course I took some milkybar cheesecake home, which again was so yummy! The cake cabinet made my mouth water haha! Keep up the good work!

Date of visit: August 2018
Ashley P, Manager at Silkwood Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thankyou so much for your lovely review. we are happy that we made your visit exciting and rewarding. we hope to see you again in the near future.
Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,474)

Reviewed August 12, 2018

I visited this pub this week for a breakfast. I was early and had to wait for it to open. I was the second customer to order a breakfast so everything should have been ready. The choice of items was good but I was disappointed to find that the eggs were not runny but had solid centres and the mushrooms looked like they have been ready for hours as they were all wrinkles and dry as though they were from the previous evening. The rest of the items I had were fine and the toast and coffee was good also. I would not hesitate to visit again for the breakfast but would hope to find the above faults rectified.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your recent visit. I regret that some of the available food on the breakfast wasn't up to your standards. I have taken into consideration what you have mentioned and will pass this on to the kitchen team .We hope to welcome you back for breakfast again in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

I just wonder if it’s under new management because certainly not up to standard. I went for a carvery and noticed the turkey was just a carcass with bits of turkey left over I asked if a new one was forthcoming to be told that he was instructed to use all the bits up first..I decided to have beef which was extremely dry. Normally there is a wide choice of vegetables but limited to bullet hard sprouts almost raw red cabbage the parsnips looked like doorstops and there was just 4 roast potatoes in a tureen with 5 people in the queue a request to refill wasn’t acted upon and to top it off the meal was tepid will not be going there again

3  Thank _babsy130343
Silkwood F, Manager at Silkwood Farm, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit to Silkwood Farm.

We aim to keep our guests happy throughout their visit and keep Carvery qualities at a high standard. We have passed this onto the Carvery team and showed them how unacceptable this service is. We aim to always keep our Carvery deck stocked front and back and have a variety among our vegetables. Along with our meat, we do have to make sure that our meat yield is met but guest satisfaction is a priority and if fresh meat is available this should be given, if the joint on the deck is almost finished. We now complete quality checks on every hour checking the temperature, texture and stock of our carvery. If any of these falls below expectations then action is taking and we resolve any issue we have making sure that all our guest needs are met.

We hope to see at Silkwood Farm again so that we can give you the visit you deserve. Thank you.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Went for a carvery yesterday and absolutely loved it . The meat and various veg was fresh and lovely.
Had a cake afterwards was soooo good, was a new rainbow cake.
We will defiantly be back thanks Silkwood

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit along with your cake. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here regular since it opened and have always loved it...
However our last 3 visits have not been good...we still came back thinking maybe it was just a bad night...tonight we came for a carvery and the meat was dried up and only 2 meats left...the veg was dried up like it had been there all day long...
We was offered a free pudding after mentioning it to the waitress...usually this place is packed out...totally different now and we understand why...
Sorry but in future we will go to toby carvery...

1  Thank Mandi W

Thank you for your recent review.
I do apologise that your recent visit wasn't up to company standards. I have passed everything on to the Carvery Team and we are resolving the matter regarding meat and vegetables.

Once again I do apologise for your last visit , and I do hope we will welcome you again soon .