“Interesting Winery and nice wines”

Domaine Skouras Winery
Book In Advance
More Info
US$553.28*
and up
Private Tour: Winery Day Trip from Costa Navarino with Food and Wine Tastings
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Argos
More attraction details
Owner description: About Domaine Skouras Delectable, everyday, value-for-money wines. Inspired and inspiring bottles. Unforgettable vintages. Minuscule quantities. Magnificent occasions. Bold, confident winemaking. Winning teams both at home and around the world. They all define the unique approach of Domaine Skouras. At Domaine Skouras you see, we don't just make wine. We flirt with whites that turn heads. We are flamboyant with our intense rose. We fall in love with reds and pack them with finesse. We are romancing with rare bottlings that you will enjoy for -and in- years to come. Equipped with energy, enthusiasm and experience and operating from our splendid facility at Malandreni, a few car-minutes away from Argos - we welcome you to taste our wines. For in tasting them you are not just discovering our unique terroir, our culture and our heritage. You get a taste and a glimpse of what makes us exciting people, dedicated wine-makers and such cordial hosts...
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Domaine Skouras offers a nice tour in the winery along with a very informative wine tasting session. our guide, Georges, was super helpful. they have interesting wines especially the FLEVA which is my favorite.

All reviews
"greece"
in 10 reviews
"fruity"

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Even though we hadn't previously booked a tour (and it was only 2 days after Christmas) the polite employee​ showed us around and at the end of the tour we tasted some special wines. The domain is very organized and the highlight is the enormous cellar with the smell of wooden barrels and wine that every wine lover appreciates! Having tasted some of the wines that Mr Skouras produces I was longing to visit this place and I can tell it was well worthing it! Of course at the end of the tour you can also buy some bottles. Sadly there was a lack of Portes (merlot) which is my favorite but we bought some bottles of Fleva (syrah) which is also exceptional!!

Reviewed 15 December 2016

I was excited to go to the winery and taste the wine as I had read positive comments. It is a beautiful winery. Unfortunately I was unable to taste the wine or enjoy the lunch. I was on a tour with a group of approximately 30 people and the only person of color. We hadn't been in the facility for no more than 10 minutes. The guide came up to me and said, "I guess they kept you in the sun too long." I was in shock, but not in shock enough to tell him how I felt. If it was a joke, it wasn't funny. It was insulting. I immediately left the facility. Seabourn arranged for a taxi to pick me, refunded me for the tour, and apologized.

I will never step foot in the winery again, nor will I recommend for my clients.

4  Thank Charlene E
George S, Owner at Domaine Skouras Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Charlene,
Let me first thank you for writing your review about our winery. It has helped me to fully understand the situation and take proper action. Secondly and more importantly, let me apologize for the behavior of my employee who has now been dismissed from his position. I would like to add as well, that here in Greece we do not know the word “racism”, we accept every person not matter their nationality or skin color and especially in our establishment. Once again allow me to apologize for this unfortunate event.

Yours Sincerely,
George Skouras,

Reviewed 15 October 2016

This was a wonderful visit to a classic while modernized winery just a short drive from Nafplio. We got an amazing tour of the wine production area and were very impressed - it's no wonder they have such accolades in international contests. The tasting of the wines was delicious and enlightening. The staff was very knowledgeable and made our time go by too quickly.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We visited Domaine Skouras on October 12th. We preliminary got in touch with Ms. Gina Kodela, who arranged a tour for us and booked a date and specific time. Please do this in advance, as they have too many tourists in summer and even in October we were not the only visitors at the winery.
Gina showed us around the winery itself, told about how the wines are produced, through all its stages, and then escorted us to the most sacred area - the wine cellar! :) There she told us about how they keep wines in the barrel and all other relevant details. At the end of the 'party' there was a tasting ceremony :). We tasted two different white wines and four red ones. Although the winery is most known for its red wines, the white ones are also very good and interesting. During the tasting Gina told us about many interesting things and it was interesting to discuss our tastes and Skouras wines. In any case this cannot be described in words, this should be seen and tasted :). We really enjoyed the time spent at the winery, bought some of their wines to our collection, although I was ready to buy all of them :). Thanks to Gina for her help during the tour!!! We would definitely come back when we're here next time! And of course we recommend it to everyone who would like to learn more about Greek wines. They are worth tasting! :)