“Exceptional Greek wines and excellent tour”

Domaine Skouras Winery
Book In Advance
More Info
US$510.40*
and up
Private Tour: Winery Day Trip from Costa Navarino...
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Argos
More attraction details
Owner description: About Domaine Skouras Delectable, everyday, value-for-money wines. Inspired and inspiring bottles. Unforgettable vintages. Minuscule quantities. Magnificent occasions. Bold, confident winemaking. Winning teams both at home and around the world. They all define the unique approach of Domaine Skouras. At Domaine Skouras you see, we don't just make wine. We flirt with whites that turn heads. We are flamboyant with our intense rose. We fall in love with reds and pack them with finesse. We are romancing with rare bottlings that you will enjoy for -and in- years to come. Equipped with energy, enthusiasm and experience and operating from our splendid facility at Malandreni, a few car-minutes away from Argos - we welcome you to taste our wines. For in tasting them you are not just discovering our unique terroir, our culture and our heritage. You get a taste and a glimpse of what makes us exciting people, dedicated wine-makers and such cordial hosts...
Reviewed July 4, 2017

One reason we visited the Peloponnese region was to discover Greek wines. Dimitris enthusiastically provided us with an excellent and thorough tour of this modern, state-of-the art facility, and introduced us to their many exceptional wines afterwords. At most wineries, there are a few stars, and the rest are forgettable. But not here. Honestly, it was hard not to love them all--rich fruity reds and the crisp, dry whites. World class wine.

Being wine enthusiasts and living near the Napa Valley/Sonoma wine region, we have toured many wineries, but this one was special. We learned so much about the history of wine in Greece, the Nemea region, the local grape varietals, and Domaine Skouras' philosophy of excellence. We are now Greek wine lovers, and will be looking for Skouras wines in California to spread the word, and share with our friends and colleagues. These wines deserve more recognition to become better well-known world-wide!

2  Thank FliegenPilz001
in 3 reviews
"nafplio"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed June 21, 2017

After a tour of the winery, we enjoyed a wine tasting. It was a great experience, learning from the experts how to taste and identify flavors in wine. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Domaine Skouras offers a nice tour in the winery along with a very informative wine tasting session. our guide, Georges, was super helpful. they have interesting wines especially the FLEVA which is my favorite.

Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

Even though we hadn't previously booked a tour (and it was only 2 days after Christmas) the polite employee​ showed us around and at the end of the tour we tasted some special wines. The domain is very organized and the highlight is the enormous cellar with the smell of wooden barrels and wine that every wine lover appreciates! Having tasted some of the wines that Mr Skouras produces I was longing to visit this place and I can tell it was well worthing it! Of course at the end of the tour you can also buy some bottles. Sadly there was a lack of Portes (merlot) which is my favorite but we bought some bottles of Fleva (syrah) which is also exceptional!!

Date of experience: December 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed December 15, 2016

I was excited to go to the winery and taste the wine as I had read positive comments. It is a beautiful winery. Unfortunately I was unable to taste the wine or enjoy the lunch. I was on a tour with a group of approximately 30 people and the only person of color. We hadn't been in the facility for no more than 10 minutes. The guide came up to me and said, "I guess they kept you in the sun too long." I was in shock, but not in shock enough to tell him how I felt. If it was a joke, it wasn't funny. It was insulting. I immediately left the facility. Seabourn arranged for a taxi to pick me, refunded me for the tour, and apologized.

I will never step foot in the winery again, nor will I recommend for my clients.

Date of experience: October 2016
4  Thank Charlene E
George S, Owner at Domaine Skouras Winery, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

Charlene,
Let me first thank you for writing your review about our winery. It has helped me to fully understand the situation and take proper action. Secondly and more importantly, let me apologize for the behavior of my employee who has now been dismissed from his position. I would like to add as well, that here in Greece we do not know the word “racism”, we accept every person not matter their nationality or skin color and especially in our establishment. Once again allow me to apologize for this unfortunate event.

Yours Sincerely,